• This topic has 64 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by MTT.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Does anyone else find facebook to be Satans social experiment.
  • MrAgreeable

DaveGr
    Free Member

I like having lots (well a few) virtual friends. Means I can sit at home with a cider believing I have a "social" life rather than sitting in the pub drinking my cider on my own 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Means I can sit at home with a cider believing I have a "social" life

doesn't drinking alone always mean alcoholism ?

MrAgreeable

Doesn't non-drinker always translate as boring old tossbag? 🙂

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I'm shite at at keeping in touch with people, FB just makes it easier. It also allows me to upload pics of me looking stupid so my 'freinds' can all have a good laugh at my expense.

After the inital on there every hour, I hardly ever pop in anymore.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

if you dont want to be tagged in a picture, you can untag yourself. 🙂

BlingBling
    Free Member

How can something non-compulsory cause so much vitriol?

If you dont like it just fuck Log off :mrgreen:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Doesn't non-drinker always translate as boring old tossbag?

only to drinkers :o)
    I only ever drink to be sociable

DaveGr
    Free Member

doesn't drinking alone always mean alcoholism ?

But if you're logged on you're not alone 😀

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Are you often sociable or do you just have a metabolism more often seen in certain species of desert mouse?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

or do you just have a metabolism more often seen in certain species of desert mouse?

OK, "drink alcohol" 🙂

s-gerbil-b

samuri
    Free Member

I realised I was doing this as well. Then I realised I was just drinking to make the people I was with more acceptable. They were almost certainly doing the same.

Now I just drink alone.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Now I just drink alone.

that's a sad story, now I'm crying 🙁

odannyboy
    Free Member

@realised I was doing this as well. Then I realised I was just drinking to make the people I was with more acceptable. They were almost certainly doing the same.@

It really gets my goat how people today always bang on about drinking like its some sort of evil nazi behaviour. excessive drinking is bad, as is excessive drugs etc etc.modeation and self control count for a lot.just cos i drink a beer, dont label be as having no self control and those who are tea total are the only ones in control!
    most people in and aroud us have elements that can annoy us ,worry us or bug us.we can also all feel shy, intimidated, self concious from time to time. so whats so bad with abunch of people kicking back, relaxing all forgetting there trobles and other peoples and having a good time?
    lifes hard we all deserve to relax now and again and i dont see my way as a crime…

anyway face book…. i like it but it worries me.sems too open to people finding pics they couldnt/shouldnt in the traditional way, eg coming round your house etc.also i belive all the main security restrictions are switched off to start with and you have to put them on.shouldnt it be the other way round?

also if you delete your profile, try reinstating it again later.everything pops back just as it was before deletion…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we can also all feel shy, intimidated, self concious from time to time. so whats so bad with abunch of people kicking back, relaxing all forgetting there trobles and other peoples and having a good time?

nothing, but there's no need for drugs to achieve that

coffeeking
    Free Member

Your friends are crap if you need drugs of any sort to achieve a good time. However a good beer with friends you can be sober with is usually more fun!

racefaceec90

have only read the original post question.have never been on face book,and have no plans to.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I think its great.

I went through a phase of adding way to many people, then cut it back to 50 or so people i am actually properly friends with, some of which are in different parts of the country. Great quick way of keeping in touch.

If you've added too many frieds or apps or get annoyed with emails from facebook, thats you're own fault because its very easy to stop all that stuff.

zaskar
    Free Member

Used facebook when local riding club didn't have a website for a while.

After that I closed my account years ago.

Glad I did and who has time to sit all day blogging etc.

Time is Money!

Sandwich

Being tagged could cause problems with potential employers, first place HR look for information on new recruits.

odannyboy
    Free Member

"Your friends are crap if you need drugs of any sort to achieve a good time. However a good beer with friends you can be sober with is usually more fun! "

just to clarify i was only talking about beer, not drugs
    although alcohol is a drug technically so your comment is sort of contradictory really.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

although alcohol is a drug technically

that was my intended meaning – I can't think why else anyone would drink the foul stuff

alwyn
    Free Member

It's good, I can talk to my mates down south whist being in Glasgow and organise things for free. Instead of using the phone. Just ignore all the funny invites and you're ok.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Facebook has its moment but there are some pople who need to think about what they're doing on there:

One of my "friends" has been bad mouthing his place of work by name
    another "friend" had a picture of herself at a fancy dress party (in the theme of Rock) looking like she was snorting cocaine (fake, but if you didn't know her, a fairly convincing photo)

My favourite though is the two who are on honeymoon and are updating facebook daily

Facebook seems to be sucking the life out of people, like all these social networking sites, it's a pi$$ing competition to see how many friends you can get even if you don't really know the people

MTT
    Free Member

You can all be my friend 😈

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else find facebook to be Satans social experiment.’ is closed to new replies.