Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • does anyone else collect earwax?
  • rOcKeTdOg
    psychle
    Free Member

you're joking…. right? 😯

allthepies
    Free Member

I eat mine, is that wrong ? 😀

carbon337
    Free Member

Its very bitter – dont know what I expected when tasting it but its bitterness surprised me.

rOcKeTdOg

might go well with Gin then ?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

How does that differ from a scotch egg?

DezB
    Free Member

I eat mine, is that wrong ?

Yes, eating the disgusting creation that is a scotch egg is very wrong. See a doctor immediately.

turboferret

I removed this from my ear a few months back 😯 not the fuse 😆

Cheers, Rich

samuri
    Free Member

I was once driving down through France and everyone in the car was asleep. I took the opportunity to poke around inside my ear which was itching a bit.
    After a little while something came loose and trapping it with my fingernail I pulled it out and looked at it.

It was like turboferret's product there but about three times the size, jet black and hairy.

To say I was shocked was putting it mildy and in the panic I very *nearly* wrapped the car around a lorries back wheels. Even more bizarrely, the thing fell off my finger and I couldn't find it afterwards.

rOcKeTdOg

How does that differ from a scotch egg?

*shakes head*

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've been considering collecing my belly button fluff to stuff a cushion with.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Now I know where scotch eggs come from. Always thought they tasted disgusting!

jon1973
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – we need some idea of scale.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I collect ear wax, not mine, and the people tend to struggle and scream about calling the police, so Im lying low at the moment 😀

PaulMcG

I periodically need to get my ears syringed – bit of a build up of the stuff.

The last time was after a gap of several years. Huuuuuuuggggeee amount of gunky black stuff like the pic above – about the size of a marble's worth.

It stank.

Unbelievably stank.

Notter
    Free Member

This is quite possibly the most gag inducing thread in STW history! Not quite sure why I opened it! 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

I love having my ears syringed. They don't seem willing to do it often enough.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Unless your suitably qualified you should not poke anything down your ears smaller than your elbow! If you poke a cotton wool bud down you can aslo push the wax further down your ear, also paper clips and hair clips are a no no as you could scratch the ear canal & cause an infection, or worse slip and rupture you eardrum.

Warm Olive Oil is one of the best ways to loosen stubborn wax, Wax is a good thing, unless it becomes impacted and then cause hearing problems & sometime Tinnitus, also avoid getting water in your ears as ear wax is hydroscopic and causes it to swell up. Every year you get a new st of skin inside your ear canal and it migrates out of your in a rotating fashion bring dead skin cells, hairs and earwax. Earwax helps to dehumidify the ear, keep away insects.

Look after your Ears!

beamers

I thought I was fairly unique in having to have my ears hosed out on a fairly regular basis.

Last time I had it done the syringe wasn't up to the job so I had to have the clots plucked out with a wax plucker (looked like a big knitting needle with a hook on the end to me)

The plugs that came out were the size of large bees (bumble not honey)

Well minging / satisfying in the same measure.

rosieb
    Free Member

Hi everyone

I stumbled across this chat thread whilst I was online searching for people who collect/love ear wax!
    I am a producer on a new BBC3 show which celebrates the nations's quirky habits and obsessions. We would be very interested to find someone who loves ear wax so I am hoping you might be able to help!
    Let me know if you are interested in finding out a bit more about the show. It's just a few hours filming and you would be in good company amongst others who love their funny habits – the show is very good humoured and warm in tone.
    Please email me or phone if you are interested or pass on to anyone who might be…
    Many thanks

Rosie Bray, Series Producer (rosie.bray@endemoluk.com or 0208 222 4407)

Drac

PMSL!

Most bizarre reply this week.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I pick my nose a bit, can I be on TV?

RealMan
    Free Member

Even more bizarrely, the thing fell off my finger and I couldn't find it afterwards.

Maybe it crawled away.

I am a producer on a new BBC3 show which celebrates the nations's quirky habits and obsessions.

I have this weird thing where I go out into the woods at night and get dirty and sweaty with a bunch of old men. Usually we might bring our bikes along as well. Sometimes there's blood. Can I be on TV?

U31
    Free Member

I fart in bed…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Go on, someone has to get on the telly with this. If you do, you have to drop Single Track World into the show!

rOcKeTdOg

Lol, well I never thought this spoof thread would have this responce 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Mythbusters 'Human Ear Wax Candle'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiBS-V0mhtc

Let your lunch down before watching!

rkk01
    Free Member

It's good for re-sealing HTII bearings…..

alexxx
    Free Member

hahaha this thread reminds me of a greek guy who i shared halls at uni with, he was a funny guy and always on about his mothers cures ect…

one day he put some oil in the microwave to warm it up before putting it in his ear…. yeah he burnt the inside of his ear with scolding hot oil!

highclimber
    Free Member

that first picture is clearly a Scotch Egg

user-removed
    Free Member

highclimer – whooshhhh!

My mate John used to collect his finger / toenail clippings in a massive container. That was bad enough but then I found out his dad was contributing to the collection too. F+cking Yuck! That's almost incestuous. Or something.

rosieb
    Free Member

Thanks for the 'making a candle out of earwax' youtube clip – brilliantly disgusting!
    If any of you do have mates with funny habits eg. the toenail collecting, then please do send them my way… rosie.bray@endemoluk.com (0208 222 4407)

Thanks!
    Rosie

FuzzyWuzzy

I think you could fill several series worth of programmes with all the weird habits people have that lurk on this forum…

Stoner
    Free Member

I can see this thread becoming another licence fee debate very quickly

rootes1

when used to do school swimming there was a kid in our year that had masses of ear wax and when we were in the pool listening to instruction it used to flow out of his ears on the surface of the water… gooey

Bunnyhop

My friend has a young uncle who was given the push by his mother to leave home.
    When this happened a major clean of his room ensued. She moved his single bed away from the wall to find a mound of sn*t balls, at least 20 odd years of it piled up between the wall, floor and headboard. Aaarrrggghhhhhh.

speaker2animals

Have any of you ever read "The Wasp Factory"?

DezB
    Free Member

Oddly enough, RosieB's only post on STW
    Does she trawl the web for mentions of earwax and bogies?

cranberry
    Free Member

One does have to wonder if RosieB's media career is all that she dreamed it would be when she was a little girl.

( for the record, I've always dreamed of being a data analyst working in a large and faceless organisation )

ourmaninthenorth

It does seem that the rumours are true: BBC3 will make a programme about absolutely anything.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘does anyone else collect earwax?’ is closed to new replies.