Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • does a p7 DX torch fit in an exposure helmet mount?
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

As per above. looking at this torch…

p7 torch

Anyone know if it's do-able?

Lifer
    Free Member

I just zip tied mine on to my helmet 8)

STATO
    Free Member

It will but its a little bigger than the joystick and the file pattern makes it difficult. Think someone on here machined theirs down in a lathe for a better/easier fit.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Unless you have a funny shaped helmet where the vents don't point forwards, you'd surely be better off using velcro zip ties or similar to attach it. Lower down on the helmet means you won't catch it on things, and it just feels a lot more secure than a proper mount. On my helmet it is easy to adjust the up/down angle, just by mounting it further back on the vent.

Joe

snakebite
    Free Member

isnt the run time only an hour at best though?

thefallguy
    Free Member

easy to swap battery at half time tho, and its nice not to have any wires either. It has a more focused beam than the dedicated BX bike light making it ideal for a helmet light – Only downside is the 220g weight of the thing.

scruff
    Free Member

Yes but you can stop and change batteries or rig up a long leed to a battery pack attached to your frame.

tinsy
    Free Member

This bloke rekons it does… I just use a velcro strap or cable tie or duct tape myself..
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/900-lumen-joystick

scruff that is a long lead, onto the frame? what about if you take a tumble?

STATO
    Free Member

easy to swap battery at half time tho

not if you cable tied it your helmet LOL!

snakebite
    Free Member

and theres 8 of you in your nightride group….all with non synchronised battery changes. sounds great.

toons
    Free Member

mine does 🙂 I'd highly recommend one

tinsy
    Free Member

toons I linked your thread on this one… still not sure I beleive you about the woodpecker effect though!!! Your mount is a million miles from the centre of gravity for it.. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘does a p7 DX torch fit in an exposure helmet mount?’ is closed to new replies.