Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Does 650b do what it says on the tin?
  • gaz552
    Free Member

Just to throw a slightly different angle on this, what are peoples opinions on 650b front and 26″ rear like the new Liteville 601?

jameso

what are peoples opinions on 650b front and 26″ rear like the new Liteville 601?

Why bother? imo ) Unless you’re really short on a really small 150mm travel frame and you want a bit more grip up front and more fork options for the future (allegedly)

aracer
    Free Member

Fine if you don’t like leaving the trails alive behind you.

tmb467
    Free Member

Surely it should be the other way round?

26 up front to get the right attack angle and then 650B to roll slightly better over

And then maybe go for some really high rise bars and slam the stem

Oh wait…

gaz552
    Free Member

Liteville appear to be doing it on a 190mm bike.
    Not sure what affect the larger wheel would have on a bike with so much travel.

(On a side note; the 601 looks awesome.)

andyrm
    Free Member

Going to chuck a set of 650b wheels in mine over the next few weeks (they fit) and run the same tyres (Onza Ibex) to do a proper comparative time test at Cwmcarn. Not interested in “feel” or any of that fluffy sh*t – I want to know if it’s faster top to bottom over 5 runs.

Will report back! 🙂

bland

I heard that 650 wheels will still make a shit rider still be shit, proper science tested results too!

Do I have a 26 inch bike if I have 1.9 tyres on but a 650 if I put my 2.4’s on?

And is a 26 fatty actually a tranny and secretly a 29er?

andyrm
    Free Member

Do I have a 26 inch bike if I have 1.9 tyres on but a 650 if I put my 2.4’s on?

That’s an interesting question – at what point does a bigger tyre’s increased diameter and air volume hit critical mass in terms of benefit? How big is the crossover from a big 26″ tyre to a smaller (say 2.25) 650b?

Did anyone see Rob Warner’s tweet earlier this week about Giant hinting at another wheel size? I hope to god he was on a wind up!!

JCL
    Free Member

I heard something about 28″ a couple months back. I’m waiting to see if it’s true before I commit to slitting my wrists.

jameso

I heard something about 28″ a couple months back.

650B+ = 28″ .. it’s due before too long

andypaul99
    Free Member

The plan for my fleet is to stay with the full sus 29er and go 27.5 hardtail, i just put a deposit on a XTC advanced 2, based on my test ride, it definately brought the LBS carpark to life! 🙂

But seriously, i did really like the ride and the bike did feel more sprightly than my 29 XTC

tenfoot

I have the exact same bike. It’s great. I have had to swap the front Racing Ralph for a mountain king though, as the front wheel was all over the place in the mud.

Btw – keeping my zesty for hooligan duties, so not abandoning 26″ altogether

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Does 650b do what it says on the tin?’ is closed to new replies.