• This topic has 15 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ianv.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dodgy Local College…?
  • woody2000

I’m no doubt going to get flamed for this, and it makes me sound more than a bit racist, but….

Opposite where I work there’s a “college” in one of the (<1000 sq ft) office units.

http://www.bradfordmet.org.uk/

I don’t know why, but I have a niggling feeling it’s nothing more than a front for illegal immigration. The website content rarely (if ever) changes, very vague course content, spelling errors on the site etc. There’s a constant stream of non-english speaking students arriving, often turning up with suitcases and bits of paper in hand. I have a feeling the location of this place isn’t entirely accidental either being only 500 yards away from Bradford University, which it has absolutely nothing to do with.

Now that I have carried out my own character assassination and everyone can hate me, is there some govt body I can report my suspicions to? Border agency want confirmed wrong doing and I doubt they’d act on a feeling!

Harry_the_Spider

The website does have directions from the airport…

Prepare to be flamed.

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s obviously an al-Qaeda training camp. Report them to the Terrorist Hotline.

woody2000

Flame proof suit on 🙂

woody2000

jon – that’s it’s local nickname. Seriously!

jon1973
    Free Member

😆

Have you seen anyone that looks like this hanging around?

coffeeking
    Free Member

If you were really concerned would you not have reported it already?

peterfile
    Free Member

If you were really concerned would you not have reported it already?

quite a difficult conversation for the poor chap though:

BA: so what makes you think it’s being run as an immigration scam college

Worried citizen: there’s lots of johnny foreigners there and their website is shit

BA: well, it’s hardly a redbrick university, but it does have a tier 4 licence which makes it very appealing to dimwitted foreign students that can’t get a place at Oxbridge. Plus, this is Bradford.

I think all university/college places offered to foreign students are by there very nature an easier route past immigration. If it was as easy and competitively priced in the US to secure a place, I would have studied Surfing Studies at the Metropolitan College of Oahu in Hawaii.

Can’t blame them for trying.

If it’s been approved for a tier 4 licence and the courses are actually being provided, then it’s not really a “scam”, just some students might take advantage as an easier route into the country.

The college will know this of course, and a selection of suitably priced courses will be on offer to suit every prospective “student”

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Surely if it was indeed a college it would have .ac.uk rather than .org.uk – just a thought.

peterfile
    Free Member

Surely if it was indeed a college it would have .ac.uk rather than .org.uk – just a thought.

Not necessarily. It’s a private limited company.

I went to a commercially owned/funded law school for my professional exams. It’s a .com and has degree awarding powers now. Largest provider of professional exams to lawyers in the UK now I think. They also do accountants prof exams (BPP Law School)

Lots of other eductional examples.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I got my degree from Bradford Met and can I just say their teaching is second to none.

I can strip and put back together an AK-47 blindfolded, can take out a heathen taxi with an rpg from 1000 yards, and know how to successfully put a fatwah on someone’s head if needs be.

In fact, it was so good I’ve applied to do a Masters in Jihad so that I can declare holy war on Chain Reaction Cycles for delivering my new bottom bracket five minutes late.

I’d highly recommend it.

mrchrispy

LOL @ Gary

seriously, If you are worried then drop immigration a line.
    I probably would – but then I don’t like the free loading scumbags…….stewdants that is 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

On a slightly different tangent..

Abu al Hamza in ‘shielding my eye from the sun’ FAIL.

meehaja
    Free Member

Everything is dodgy in Bradford… its the nature of the place. Why not go in and enquire about courses?

Pieface

These scams are nothing new

ianv
    Free Member

Its just the same at many proper Unis and colleges, if you have the money you will get a place. Its a massive source of income for them.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy Local College…?’ is closed to new replies.