Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Dodgy ebay listing?
  • yippeekiyay
    Free Member

[/url]

Seems a bit low for starting bid…but who knows. Also “I will tack nearest offer thinks for interest”.

I smell something fishy but I could be wrong. Just in case someone has lost a nice bike.

shermer75
    Free Member
    righog
    Free Member
    shermer75
    Free Member

Seems ok to me tbh

shermer75
    Free Member

Worth looking out for that sort if thing though

kayak23

Traditionally, poor spelling and a weak grasp of written English was the preserve of the terminally shady, but it’s now seemingly a universal right. Some folks just don’t put an ounce of effort in their adverts. I’d guess this is an example of that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just joined Ebay, no size, cut and paste description, no mention of anything else?

Looks fishy to me.

yippeekiyay
    Free Member

It’s not just the spelling. He’ll take the nearest offer to what? The starting bid of £800. Seems low for a £2750 bike.

matther01
    Free Member

I reckon it’s a bit shady too.

stew1982
    Free Member

looks about as dodgy as it gets!

TonyDubya
    Free Member

Looks dodgy, but might not be. Give the lad a call to try to sus it, if in doubt go view it. Bike’s located in Archway, quite a well to do area, in places…

A lot of people aren’t very good at writing adverts, which could mean a bargain if it’s legit!

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Don’t see much wrong with that. I wouldn’t pay more than £800 for that bike 2nd hand (it’s nothing particularly special), so seems like a reasonable starting price to me.

He’s given his mobile number. Most eBay sellers don’t give out their number.

mikey3
    Free Member

So is he selling lots of the same bike of different sizes? And you can pick up a sim card from Tesco for 99p to seem more legit,who knows it might very well be a bargain to be had,just open up a paypal dispute at the same time as you send your cash :-).

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

“I will tack nearest offer thinks for interest”.

Its on a phone, dead easy for autocorrect to tack over. Look at how many people also get teh and the mixed up

Although ebay mobile has made things more convenient it has made listings become poorer than ever.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Dodgy ebay listing?’ is closed to new replies.