Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Doctortrack world advice (manky photo content)
  • magnetodog
    Free Member

Not me obvs (being a dog my legs are much hairier)

Anyway should she go to the doctors with this burn a few weeks in and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better at any sort of speed

Yuk!!

So goto Docs…

or

Whisky and Aspirin?

legend
    Free Member

Wire brush and dettol

IANAD

piemonster

Boak

Flaperon

Hard to tell from photo but the first aid courses I’ve completed were emphatic that any full depth burn requires professional intervention.

Probably bit late now. I’ve never burned myself that badly.

scaredypants

Looks a pretty deep burn with a thick and very dry scab and will take time to epithelialise (seal up) underneath – next time she needs to keep it moist with granuflex or something like that to heal faster and reduce chances of scarring (did she see a doc/minor injuries when it happened? She probably should have)

If it’s really red or painful or swollen around the scab (or especially if it’s discharging at all) then see doc as that would suggest infection. If not I’m guessing they’d prob tell her to wait it out as, short of lifting the scab and starting again, there’s unlikely to be much they really can do

Maybe depends slightly what “a few weeks” means though, but also on whether it has shrunk as much as it looks from your photo in that time. Course, we’ve no idea how big that is either.

Oh, IANAD

ninfan
    Free Member

I had one similar on my foot a few years ago.

Whack a large compeed blister plaster on there I’d say, worked for me.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Amputation (at the neck….just to be sure).

shermer75
    Free Member

I’d say whisky- it’s St Patrick’s so Bushmill’s or Jameson’s only I’m afraid

timber

Saw worse at university as a result of kitchen utensil branding after nights out.
    According to my mate, having the scab ripped off and vinegar poured on was worse than the initial branding. So maybe don’t do that.

We didn’t go to the doctors, didn’t fancy the explanation.

tjagain

Make an appointment with your practise nurse for dressings – as scardypants and ninfan say you need IMO a hydrocolloid dressing on that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Doctortrack world advice (manky photo content)’ is closed to new replies.