Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Doctors Johns/Lawnmower any help Cheers
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi know the forest of dean fairly well not been out the way these trails are for years.Dont know if this is right docs johns near Mallarks pike and Lawnmower trail nr Lightmoor.Can any one tell me where the start of these two trails are will go and fine them Saturday.Thanks.Know how to get to these areas fine.

psling
    Free Member

Lawnmower (aka Matt’s) starts over the fence opposite Staple Edge Bungalows.

Dr John’s is a bit more difficult to find. It starts behind the Rising Sun (Moseley Green) and runs down towards Parkend. You’ll probably need to be shown the lead in to it 😉

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi Psling know that pub we use to past it years ago/think i know where the Bungalows are.I always park in the pedalway centre what time would you be there,mid morin onwards anygood thanks for offer Cheers Ian.Secret trails hay, people keep telling me about these in Cheltenham not that they have done them. 😆

psling
    Free Member

Will be at Pedalabikeaway between about 10.30 & 11.00 having a coffee. Probably have a Buff on my head, wearing glasses, maybe wearing a green camo jacket (no carnation though!).

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers Psling will come and find you will be on a Hummer,might not be to many of them around.Cheers Ian.

ObscuraSky
    Free Member

Dr Johns is an excellent trail. I’ve ridden it several times but only recently found there’s an extra bit on the end you can do too. Towards the end you re-enter the woods on the same side of the fire road you exit onto. When you come back out on to the fire road cross over and there’s a short section here. When you reach the fence push your bike uphill and follow the fenceline around to the left. There’s a great bombhole here, then a couple of sloping drop-offs to finish.

I’ve never heard of the Lawnmower trail though. There’s a couple of downhills I do know of opposite Staple Edge Bungalows; ones a straight and screamingly fast one down to the entrance to Mallards Pike carpark, and the other’s a footpath heading north of the bungalows; is that the one you mean psling? If it’s not can you describe the start a bit more – I’d love to find it.

ObscuraSky
    Free Member

Scrub that. Found the Lawnmower Trail today; nice little ride, very twisty/turny and should be pretty special when the bluebells come out in a couple of weeks. Only downside is that it exits onto a footpath. Not sure where’s the best place to head to from there; I’ll have to have an explore in the week :o)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Doctors Johns/Lawnmower any help Cheers’ is closed to new replies.