• This topic has 109 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)
  • Doctored numberplates – your opinions please?
  • Marge
    Free Member

I think PEN 15 used to belong to Steve Parrish but I might be wrong…

thehustler
    Free Member

Couple from stafford used to own 8OOB and BOO8, they actually fought over ownership when they got divorced, must have been a right pair of tits…………………..sorry I'll get my coat

Northwind

A guy at my work spent hundreds of pounds for a plate with his initials… But you would never know it's a personalised plate at all, it just looks like a regular one. Very odd.

Perhaps I'll change my name so my initials are OSN. Save a fortune that way.

pacemaker
    Free Member

A mate has A1PHA, which looks ok, his company is called Alpha.

snaps
    Free Member

Yes saw Steve Parrish in the mid 90s with that plate.
    Only decent one I've seen is a guy called Anthony Frisby with AFR158Y on his old Seirra.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

G5 POT is on a rather nice DB9 over the way from me. Almost cool. But not.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But not.

Indeed.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I think PEN 15 used to belong to Steve Parrish but I might be wrong…

It does (or did). It was on his Merc at Donington a few years back.

H15LOS on an expensive merc (with a MILF driving) made me laugh.

Rocketdog36
    Free Member

What i like is folk who are daft enough to pay the DVLA for an plate taken off a scrapped 1978 ford cortina and place it on a nice shiny new car just coz its ends in my initials like BAZ or DAV etc….
    Or the better one is penny milloinaires who spend every penny on there new Merc and then buy a chepo Northern island plate (no money left)as they cannot bear for the neighbours to know there car is over 6 months old and not on the latest Reg number.
    🙄

MoreCashThanDash

Used to be an XJS round here – presumably owned by a dentist – which had the plate "CAV17Y"

And an – apparently – well known producer of movies for the discerning gentleman drives round Nottingham in an Audi Q7 with the plate "B16 OMAR".

(I only know who he is as I mentioned the plate in the office prompting a colleague to say he had dated one of the this blokes ex girlfrinds, but the relationship never became physical as – and I quote – "I'm only 5'6 and everything is in propertion. If she'd been with him I'd never touch the sides." 😳 )

Zedsdead
    Free Member

My number plate is P155 OFF

Kidding – that one was not issued. Mine is just the original one.

swamp_boy

I changed my name to B357 AFG – much simpler.

Wouldn't bother with one, I could always think of a better use for the money. Round this part of Herts the original DVLA issue numbers stand out more than the vanity plates anyway.

Though there is a N London tree work firm that has number plates that spell OAK, ASH etc. If you don't mind a three digit number the plates cost in the low hundreds, which isn't a lot on top of the cost of a new truck, paint job and signwriting, plus it makes them that bit more noticeable. I can see the point of that.

AndyP
    Free Member

A mate has A1PHA, which looks ok, his company is called Alpha.

Alpha has an 'L' in it.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

One of the owners of the unit I work in has a range rover with the number plate 'spliff'. I think 'emotionally retarded cock weasel' would be more fitting.

Smudger666

99% of the time i agree that its a total waste of money, and that it makes it easy to identify tossers with too much cash.

then i realised that SM11DGE would be on sale in a year or so, and with carefull placing of a black screw cover……….

still, if it turned into a bidding war at an auction, i would be the poorest smudger there 🙂

nickc

There's a knackered old Beemer 3 series round these parts, must be 25 years old, green and rust coloured, complete shed…The plate is A3

It's a family heirloom apparently.

luke
    Free Member

W33nob is on a tvr tuscan
    pen15 is on a merc m class
    cav17y is now on an X type jag
    A3 is on an A3
    Tyre-shopper.co.uk has a reg check feature which can be useful, although there tyre prices arn't the best

matthewjb
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart –
    G5 POT is on a rather nice DB9

Surely that doesn't exist?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Private regs are down to choice. What's more of a concern is when a standard reg number is altered to allow the owner to perpetrate crime.

Saw one on the M60 last year, new ford mondeo, reg number just looked odd, both came off & stopped at the same junction, had a black bolt head through the second letter that made it look like it had a M—XXX type registration. Simple thing to do if you want to avoid speeding fines maybe, but more sinister if the owner is into drug crime etc.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Not only should the people be fined for doctoring the plate, the company that did it should also be fined as there are rules now to getting new plates done, you have to produce your V5 along with 2 forms of ID, this all has to be logged if the DVLA do a check on the provider, PLUS even if you have a "P" plate its NOT your property, its DVLA property, you are just the gardian of it.(PS I have a "P" plate and it cost £143)before anyone has a go at me who knows me.

GrahamS

W33nob is on a tvr tuscan

Yeah that's him. You'll see him round Edinburgh and Falkirk.

john_drummer
    Free Member

there are a couple of nob plates round here too

BMW 850 with the plate M1ERS belonging to somebody called Miers or Myers – local jeweller
    Another BMW – L5 UTD – Leeds United fan – LS is the postal code for Leeds
    various cars reg S1NLY or variations on a theme – not the safest or sanest driver I've ever seen

but the nobbiest plates have to belong to Wendy fans – S10WLS and so on

Pauly

Good one is on a bookie in Belfast.

SPW 1N, spaced out as SP W1N.

fadda

I know an Alan Joshua who has the plate AJ05HUA. I think thats pretty good…

Gary_C

Iirc,when Eric Cantona played for Leeds,he had a car with the reg A70 OAH.
    Which was 'illegally' spaced to: A7 0O AH.

iDave
    Free Member

did A Joshua forget what his name was? can't see the **** point? i have a car and my name is brian etc? i'm a fat bloke called ted, so B16 TED – who gives a shit…? my name is jim bobster, so J10 BUB etc, bizarre retards if you ask me

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Personally I don't see much wrong with a decent private reg, some make me smile. There's a chap comes into the quarry with a trailer on the back of his Transit to pick stuff up. He's a pig farmer/breeder, rare breeds and stuff, makes cracking sausages I'm told. His reg? PI9 LUV.

When I worked in Essex, I lived in Southend for a while and there was a woman in her early 30s (ish) who was, err, well, VERY busty shall we say with the reg BRA 34G. Used to see that her quite often. 🙂

luke
    Free Member

Wadworths brewery have a rep with the plate: TRY 6X which is pretty good.

Drac

His reg? PI9 LUV

PIP LUV?

Surely it should be a 6.

hora
    Free Member

Private plates are brilliant. You get to see who is worried that they cant afford a new car 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

interestingly…………………….

If you buy (it helps it it's un-restored obviously) a clasic bike/car with an old plate on it. The plates are often worth more than the car's! People wanting to avoid 'Q' plates on kit cars (especialy if they'r replica classics) and unregistered restorations.

NZCol

I suppose it's now I own up to owning a 1996 Porsche 993 targa with the plate "91l"
    sorry
    it came with the car and is worth a lot of cash !

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

His reg? PI9 LUV

PIP LUV?

Surely it should be a 6.

How does 9 = P ??

9 = g !! See the similarity? 😀

hora
    Free Member

I wonder how many people are caught frequently but of course you never hear about them.

Abit like people speeding through average camera roadworks and you thinking 'do they know something that we dont'?…

Stoner
    Free Member

I snapped this on Edgware road.

Im guessing he may be alluding to his career? 😉

Admittedly not a doctored cheapskate one…

hora
    Free Member

stoner, proof positive that you can be dyslexic and rich 😆

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Saw a bright red Ferrari once with the place EG0 2 BIG

It is the only personalised plate that I have ever thought was decent – probably because it was self mocking and clearly not meant to be taken too seriously.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Much like courier bags and fixies, plenty of idiots have them but also plenty of normal and perfectly nice people have them too, just for their own amusement. Doctoring to look like a totally different letter is definitely a bit off though.

I think quite a lot of personalised plates are just there because they like to make their car their own – much like any other form of personalisation – people making custom decals for their frame? People choosing certain componentry in certain colours they like? Could claim any of these things are equally wankerish.

I'd quite like my initials on my plate, not because I want everyoen to know they're my initials, or because I'd like people to know I had a personalised plate, just because it would make me smile. What's so wrong with that?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

interestingly…………………….

If you buy (it helps it it's un-restored obviously) a clasic bike/car with an old plate on it. The plates are often worth more than the car's! People wanting to avoid 'Q' plates on kit cars (especialy if they'r replica classics) and unregistered restorations.

I sold the number of my bike – RRJ 749 for enough cash to go to south America for months.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Doctored numberplates – your opinions please?’ is closed to new replies.