• This topic has 109 replies, 82 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by will.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Doctored numberplates – your opinions please?
  • spooky_b329

Imagine the following;

Car owner has the registration S55 ABZ, but the plates on the car display SSS ABZ. The plates are changed back to the originals for each MOT. The 5's are not made to look like S's, they are changed. (I've used a Z to make sure its not actually a real numberplate.

Opinions please?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I think they should be fined and have the number taken off them and made to pay for a new one as well.

Oh, and put in the stocks and ridiculed for being so vain

allthepies
    Free Member

Book em danno

Top.Dog
    Free Member

against the law

will get done first time it passes a npr

iDave
    Free Member

both vvanky and dumb at the same time

bruneep

car near me has reg A5 CUN, someone has added a T on the end with black marker pen. 😀

snaps
    Free Member

spooky_b329

And the person also decided to post the two versions of their numberplate on a public forum!

TooTall
    Free Member

Very sad indeed.

NEARLY as sad as the Aston Martin near me that has a plate that reads 0007 BONd

where it looks like it should be a D at the start, the 7 is the 'Bond gun 7' and the d at the end is a 'looky likey German 'D' national plate bit.

Really really sad.

waynekerr
    Free Member

An ex female customer of mine has the number A11 FUD
    I was stunned when I saw her car

BTW She was a real bruiser

Whyte1
    Free Member

who gives a sh_t really if that's your biggest worry your a lucky man

luke
    Free Member

We had this conversation at work earlier this week as one of the girl's in the office got pulled over again for her plate and warned to get it back to normal, it's her second warning in the last 6 months or so.

luke
    Free Member

I was stunned when I saw her car- what a kia sportage.
    at least A5 CUN is on a merc clk

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I found that one quite amusing.

spooky_b329

who gives a sh_t really if that's your biggest worry your a lucky man

I don't worry about much 🙂

I'm just astounded that someone would actually run false plates purely for aesthetics, rather than criminal purposes such as nicking fuel or worse.

Apparently they've been doing it for a while, and 'not been caught yet'.

danridesbikes
    Free Member

YOU ARE NOT THE POLICE, BORE OFF

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

It all seems like a lot of hassle over a reg plate what with having to change them – but then I don't really see the point of private number plates (apart from playing "spot the ****" when driving)

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Occasional I see a private plate and it makes me smile, current favourite is the 110 Landy owned by a local farmer with the plate GUM 800T, I chuckle everytime I see it, as for doctoring them, as posted above let the law sort it, if people feel the need to do such a thing then maybe they are the ones with bigger issues to resolve,
    [Carly Simon]Your so vain[/Carly Simon]

bol

Got a doctored plate by any chance Dan?

uplink
    Free Member

Denounce your neighbours I say

There must be a committee somewhere where you can go & report them to – if not we'll form one
    Any citizens reported to the committee will be quickly tried & dealt with, merits will be earned by those who denounce the most

Bagstard
    Free Member

Most private plates are pretty lame, but the lengths some people go to trying to make words are comical. Pity the fools.

nickjb
    Free Member

Sometimes doctoring is worth it

KT1973
    Free Member

NEARLY as sad as the Aston Martin near me that has a plate that reads 0007 BONd

I think I saw this or one like it in Edinburgh

AndyP
    Free Member

private plates are a good idea, they make it easy to identify ****.

Ti29er
    Free Member

There used to be an old white MG with: PEN 1S

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

private plates are a good idea, they make it easy to identify ****.

True!

There used to be an old white MG with: PEN 1S

This number plate exists AFAIK. I remember reading an article in a newspaper years ago where they were talking about how, before compewters took over, someone had to constantly be on the lookout for number plates that spelled rude words – this one famously made it through.

Personalised plates are only forgiveable in cases such as the van above. If used for humour, then fair enough, but to spell out some ridiculous contraction of your name….?

TinMan
    Free Member

Saw LUKEE in sheffield, on a battered VW Golf. L11KCE with careful spacing and square bolt caps in black. Think the plate cost as much as the car

Pauly

There's a lady drives round St Albans with SKY 80X

Stevie
    Free Member

There's one near me that is doctored to read 'BIG PECS'. I cringe every time I see it.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

My neighour's reg starts with KN03. One night I'm going to creep over and change the 3 to a B because he is one.

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I know a guy who has personal plate who only got it so no-one knew his car was a few years old. Then he got a brand new car and left the personally plate off for a couple of weeks so that everybody knew he had bought a brand new motor. What a D1CK.

Liked the metro rod one though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I like my private reg so much, I bought my wife a matching one.

Not doctored though.

alpin
    Free Member

how have you two matching plates?

when the plate hasn't been doctored and isn't contrived (trying to eek out letters from numbers) then it can be ok. the pimlico plumbers vans in london are a good example.

my cousin has HAN 198(year of birth). her name is Hannah and she was born in 198x. fair enough but it just looks like you're trying too hard and it's a shit car.

in fact, they're all just cars. pieces of metal designed to transport you from A – B. if you're that attached to it you need help.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I like them, providing they're not so forced you can't tell what it should read. If people want to spend hard earned on it then why not

KINGTUT
    Free Member

how have you two matching plates?

One letter different mine has the prefix M and my wife has D, our first initial.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

in fact, they're all just cars. pieces of metal designed to transport you from A – B. if you're that attached to it you need help.

Just like bicycles.

Drac

Then he got a brand new car and left the personally plate off for a couple of weeks so that everybody knew he had bought a brand new motor.

It takes a few weeks to change the registration over.

geoffj

There's a woman in the village called Liz Dow. She has L12 DOW. I don't usually like them, but the simplicity and exact match of that one makes it OK.

Oh and PEN 1S used to be on a Capri in Greater Manchester.

alpin
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member

Just like bicycles.

kinda hoping no-one would pick up on that….. 😆

although bikes make me smile. cars get me to places where i can ride my bike inorder to make me smile. much like trains.

GrahamS

Borther of a friend of ours has a very nice sports car (can't remember what) and has the numberplate W33 N0B, which I like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Doctored numberplates – your opinions please?’ is closed to new replies.