Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Doctor and dentists appt time keeping!
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Currently sat in the waiting room for the dentists, first appt of the day and they’re already running late – every flippin time I visit either the doc or the dentist they’re running about 20mins late! So annoying, especially when they have notices on the wall saying they’ll charge you for Late and missed appointments, maybe I’ll start chArging them instead….

Jamie
    Free Member

have notices on the wall saying they’ll charge you for Kate

Dentist and a brothel?

Nice.

jon1973
    Free Member

wee in the receptionists shoes then own her with bombers.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Funnily enough the brothel is usually running 10 mins early, can’t think why 😉

jezdavies
    Free Member

GP’s cannot charge you for being late/missed appointments – unless you go to a private GP of course?

hels
    Free Member

Think yourself lucky – where I grew up it was equivalent £20 for docs appmnt, that was 20 years ago so hate to think how much now. I used to save up illnesses.

northshoreniall

I had the same thoughts when sat for 40 minutes beyond my appointment time other week and reading same notice. Can understand for an emergency appointment where workload can’t be timed accurately but when is planned visit no excuse – should have one room/ dentist set aside for emergencies.
    I did think should invoice them for my time 😀
    GP’s I tend to to be more easy going as I’m not paying.

woffle
    Free Member

last time I went to the dentist I had a 40 minute wait without explanation – no excuses / reasons given either. Drives me completely up the wall – if I did that at work repeatedly I’d be up for a disciplinary.

Don’t mind the wait if I’m told the reason but as ^^ the waiting room is plastered in ‘if you cancel within 24 hours there will be a charge’ / ‘24% of patients were no-shows’ etc. Doesn’t seem quite right that it’s a one-way street.

Won’t be going back there – private practice so obviously they don’t need the custom if they can treat people like that. I’m going to a different one next time.

GP’s are different IMO.

GJP
    Free Member

In this regard I have nothing but praise for my current GP. I think in 10 years then i can only recall on one occasion where I have had a long wait, most of the time no more than 5 mins beyond the alloted appointment time.

Whether times have changed or there are good and bad GPs. At another surgery I often had to wait for up to an hour. I was once told at 4-45pm the GP had not yet shown for his afternoon surgery starting at 4pm as he was still on the Golf course.

djflexure

Few reasons for delays:
    Usually squeeze in 50% more patients than should be possible to keep the NHS ticking over and allow quick appointments for those who are potentially unwell
    Some people are genuinely unwell or have complex problems and need more time
    Some want to chat forever – quite often inversely proportional to how sick they are

Usually don’t leave clinic before 6:30 – only paid to 5pm.

You get delays – I work for free.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I can understand delays building throughout the day, for all the reasons you state, but that’s why I always try to book an appointment first thing, or as close to first thing as possible, yet I still rarely get seen on time.

Very annoying !

chewkw
    Free Member

Mine kept telling me to go private … £150 just for consultation to see if they could save my tooth … hmmm … oh ya … insurance as well. 😡

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Doctor and dentists appt time keeping!’ is closed to new replies.