Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Do your research before ordering Continental Tyres from Chainreaction…
  • 13thfloormonk

Just received a set of Conti CX tyres from CRC.

The description on the site says ‘blah blah blah, with our Black Chilli compound these tyres grip etc. etc. etc.’

One of the questions in the Q&A also asks for confirmation that the tyres are Black Chilli and a CRC staffer responds that they are.

So imagine my disappointment when the tyres I receive are made in India and not Black Chilli 🙄

I raised a question on the Q&A but CRC have just rejected it, didn’t abide by their guidelines or something…

Should have checked the RRP against other sites, a £30 tyre reduced to £20 was never likely to be Black Chilli, more fool me, just a shame CRC seem determined to advertise it as such.

Kuco

Just send them back.

13thfloormonk

Nah, had this discussion on another thread, they’re 35mm CX tyres, I’ll be slipping and sliding regardless of the compound, not worth the extra for Black Chilli. Want to ride them tomorrow also.

Was just annoyed that CRC aren’t willing to admit they’re falsely advertising.

thomthumb
    Free Member

On one do this a lot. Considering reporting them to trading standards.

Kuco

Kinda of know what you mean by the Q&A, ordered some Fox jerseys, Q&A said size up which I did and they turned up massive. By the time I sent them back they were out of my size.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Narrowly avoided ordering a Maxxis tyre from them which claimed to be the 3c compound. Luckily I twigged before it was too late, that it was actually the dual compound version.

13thfloormonk

Yeah, at best they’re just being really lazy copying and pasting product descriptions and hoping less geeky/fussy types won’t notice they haven’t got what they thought they ordered.

13thfloormonk

Ha, CRC replied to my customer service query saying the tyres aren’t described as Black Chilli, but that they’ll remove their response in the Q&A which suggests that they are.

Except… the product description twice says ‘black chili’.

So either they’re trying to argue ‘black chili’ isn’t the same as ‘black chilli’ or they just don’t read their own product descriptions… 🙄

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

It just seems a bit too canny to me, being lax with the description of budget/cost reduced versions. They pull the same stunt with wheels as well, buyer beware!

Them 15 quid Barons that got rave reviews were the wire bead budget shitters, but people think they are getting a bargain, because Black Chilli USED TO BE in the description, but not the specification. Dirty tricks IMO and Evans are just as bad.

Some include the manufactures product code, which you can check against their respective specification tables. That’s the way it should be done and how I checked some bargain Black Chilli Barons.

13thfloormonk

Well in fairness to CRC the customer service guy replied back apologising and saying he had only checked the list of product features (which didn’t state B.C.) and hadn’t checked the text description.

They’re going to update now. I choose to assume it was an innocent mistake as they had also stated the tyres were 32c instead of 35c and there would be no advantage to deliberately lying about that.

Tyres were great in the mud yesterday, B.C. or not, so I guess ultimately I’ve got what I wanted…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Do your research before ordering Continental Tyres from Chainreaction…’ is closed to new replies.