Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Do you want to be James May?
  • timidwheeler

I’ve found his shirt manufacturer.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

No

wwaswas

I’ve often wondered where she shops.

“I’d like all the shirts in all the sizes, please”

timidwheeler

Or there’s….

Seriously, would any of you guys wear these?

bikebouy
    Free Member

N

O

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆 @ Batman’s Jelly!

the-muffin-man

Most men buy this type of shirt to annoy their wives – I’ve been guilty of it. I even bought some on-one Hawaiian shirts! 😀

timidwheeler

This is my favourite.

Limited edition!

wwaswas

Did they buy a job lot from Planet-X?

fionap

OP, are you familiar with http://www.shitewear.com/shirt.html?

Drac

Looks like something MBUK rider would like.

STATO
    Free Member

Looks like something MBUK [i]Dirt [/i]rider would like.

FTFY

timidwheeler

Good news for us girls Fiona..

Wide range. Not necessarily a large quantity.

timidwheeler

Looks like something MBUK Dirt rider would like.

Yup, catalogue came with the MBUK I get instead of Dirt.

On the bright side, my free beeny makes me look like a fat, forty year old Rachel Atherton.
    #sostoked

Drac

FTFY

You broke it.

On the bright side my free beeny makes me look like a fat forty year old Rachel Atherton.
    #sostoked

😆

tang
    Free Member

Frangipani shirts are more his style. The pics on this site will have you vomiting trustafarian bile. I reckon call me dave gets his from here too.
    http://www.frangipani-style.com

fionap

Good news for us girls Fiona..

I wonder what this season’s concept is – Balmoral x Camden x lumberjacks?

On the bright side my free beeny makes me look like a fat forty year old Rachel Atherton.
    #sostoked

Almost enough to make me run out and buy MBUK.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

What is this, the Society for the Protection Of Dull Clothing?

edhornby

Frangipani shirts are more his style. The pics on this site will have you vomiting trustafarian bile. I reckon call me dave gets his from here too.
    http://www.frangipani-style.com

I lasted 18seconds and I could feel the RAGE!! building

timidwheeler

vomiting trustafarian bile.

I was so doing that.

scaredypants

LOL ! I lasted about 5 secs, right when that tosser appeared with a cocktail, looking a bit like Richard E Grant frotting himself against some girl’s arse

project
    Free Member

I am James May, no sence of style, nerdy, funny, politically incorrect at times but not deliberately to annoy others, just by accident, love engineering and dont drive fast,

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

To be honest, a lot of May’s floral shirt patterns are classic Liberty prints, I recognise them as I have several myself, that I’ve had made for me, as Liberty’s off the peg stuff doesn’t fit me too well.

The off the peg stuff is typically about £135+ – Designers like Simon Carter use a lot of Liberty print, and I think Paul Smith and Ted Baker use a little from time to time, but Liberty prints are pretty much the “go to” when a mens designer of any class look to make a floral print.

Other people who wear them say when you watch the telly, are typically types like Jason Manford, Jimmy Carr, that sort of profile. Theres always a Liberty print somewhere on a telly near you worn by a minor celeb.

They’re great, they don’t date, they dont go out of fashion, as they’re never at the red hot end of fashion, they’re just artfully designed patterns that look great imho on a shirt.

timidwheeler

they’re just artfully designed patterns that look great imho on a shirt.

So true.

mboy
    Free Member

They’re great, they don’t date, they dont go out of fashion, as they’re never at the red hot end of in fashion in any remote way shape or form

You spend £135 on each of these? I’m not going to pretend I’m even remotely fashionable, but I bet I can look cooler than you for a fraction of the price!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

You already probably are much cooler than me. I’m the least cool person I ever saw. Thats the point. I don’t care about being cool. But to have shirts that are up to a couple of decades old, that the pattern still really pleases me, that the fit is still good on (ie not subject to the vagaries of fashion) is worth more than a shirt a few quid less that ends up in a charity shop or thrown away after 5.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Do you want to be James May?’ is closed to new replies.