Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • do you think science will one day have the answer to everything?
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Unlikely.

A good place to start would be to work out what the hell this is supposed to be for…

globalti
    Free Member

Why do we need scientists anyway when there are hundreds of people who know the answers? We just have to get them to stop driving around London in taxis all day.

seosamh77
    Free Member

A good place to start would be to work out what the hell this is supposed to be for…

dinner?

DezB
    Free Member

I know a forum that has the answer to everything.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Given that science is of the human construct,

… the answer is of course, no. We haven’t got that long.

You know – a comet, or a caldera, or an incurable plague or whatever this universe thing throws our way.

If we survive our own collective stupidity.

Have a nice day.

avdave2

Well we don’t even know what size wheels to use on our bikes or even what tyres to put on them so I feel we are some distance from total knowledge

molgrips
    Free Member

People can spout what they like about quantum physics hailing it as the absolute truth

No-one who understands it would ever say that!

josephineperry
    Free Member

Nice question. Just the other day I was discussing this with friend. She does not believe in life after death and she said that people who believe in something bigger than us are just gullable. She meant that if there are things we cannot explain it’s just because science hasn’t found the answer yet. If, for instance, people born in the middle age suddenly saw something working with electricity, they would probably think this is a miracle, but today we know there is an explenation to this. The same with everything else in the world. So basically, yes, there are people who firmly believe science will one day find all the answers. I am personally not really sure, to be honest.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

most of the things it currently ‘explains’ is just a best guess model

D0NK

Yep, scientists don’t do certainties, you need inveterate gamblers and the religious for that.

of course there’s often a hell of a lot of evidence for those best guesses.

Love that einstein quote.

richmtb

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

Douglas Adams

No we will never “know everything” The laws of physics (uncertainty principle, observable universe) make quite a lot of stuff completely unknowable

I’d settle for a good idea of what the other 96% of the universe is though

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘do you think science will one day have the answer to everything?’ is closed to new replies.