Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Do you think my singing is coming on?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Sailing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPlT7KpwGPI

I think at the very minimum you could say that this is not horrendous?

What do you think?

TheSanityAssassin

I daren't click that link.

I've been lured in before….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thinks: "do I want to listen to simonralli caterwauling ?"

yunki
    Free Member

Your singing sounds great from here… I'm not gonna click and risk spoiling it…

nonk
    Free Member

i clicked it.

simonralli2
    Free Member

caterwauling

I have no idea what that word means. It's a good thing yeah? 🙂

Aw come on – It's not even me playing the guitar this time.

TheSanityAssassin

simonralli2 – Member

caterwauling

I have no idea what that word means. It's a good thing yeah? 😀

A similar effect can be produced when a large hobnail boot and a testicle are introdued into the same three-dimensional co-ordinate axes.

nonk
    Free Member

i have decided it could have been worse.

Woody
    Free Member

I think at the very minimum you could say that this is not horrendous?

I think you are being a tad optimistic there 😯

Kevevs
    Free Member

That's a nice spot to get yer flute out. woooop…doo weee oopp doo weee… 😀

http://www.youtube.com/user/simonralli#p/u/76/je_gw6i1UOA

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It's a good thing yeah?

if you're deaf perhaps…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

thinks: "do I want to listen to simonralli caterwauling ?"

😕 Weird…….. I genuinely thought when I listen to it, before I read that post, "he sounds like one of my cats"

That'll be my cat Khani…….. who is very vocal and likes to walk around "singing".

I think it was also the choice of song what done it.

But yeah Si you're right……….it's an improvement.

😐

user-removed
    Free Member

Haven't any previous info on which to pass down a judgement, so I'll just assume it couldn't be any worse. Ergo – it must be better.

It's almost all in tune – the backing vocals could do better – they seem to give up after one note.

Less of the rising to meet the correct note though – listen to the original and note how the notes come out of his mouth at the the right pitch rather than 'sliding' up there. Learn to open your gob and hit the note first time*

* I couldn't, so stuck to stringed instruments / harp / mtb

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Try writing some lyrics of your own, based on your own experiences. You failed to put any emotion into that song and it sounded more like just shouting in key(for the most part) – like people (sort of) do at sporting events. You mostly just get louder instead of changing pitch.

You seem to at least want to enjoy it, so perhaps you should practice more or get some lessons (highly recommended for the non-self-critical). Learning to breath properly would help you a great deal in maintaining pitch control throughout a line .

john_drummer
    Free Member

you seemed to be more or less in tune as far as I could tell; shame about the backing singers 😉

still, there's a reason I chose to hit things at the back of the room rather than sing at the front…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I'm embarrassed for you! 😕

DrJ

That's the singing equivalent of the "two girls and a cup" video.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Dear mother of God!

Will someone please think of the children…………. 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

Well at the very least you won't have to worry about women throwing their pants at you, any time soon. Cat's humping your legs is another matter.

Never seen a backing laugher before, great idea!

That said thanks for sharing, too many serious threads on here and it's good to see something a bit less handbag squad meets cave trollish.

plumber
    Free Member

Its a bit pitchy dawg

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No.

iDave
    Free Member

sing with your fingers in your ears and you'll hear what we hear 😯

kaesae
    Free Member

Still ballsie though.

Who else would be willing to put a clip with them singing?

john_drummer
    Free Member

singing no

drumming yes. except there are no video clips, so you'll have to make do with audio

http://www.myspace.com/….

actually I won't, as this thread is not about me

simonralli2
    Free Member

Aw well thanks for all the feedback. I thought I was coming on, as genuinely I love singing so much its untrue, it's just maybe singing is something that it's just not possible to learn to do or improve, i.e. sing in tune. Oh well. And no, this was not a serious video – I left my college today as the 6 months of teaching are now over and I have 6 months to do my dissertation. There was only 1 other Brit on the course, and everyone else will be leaving the UK, dispersing round the world, so it was a tune I sang as a final song for my fellow students who I have been living with, laughing, crying and getting drunk with. So in that respect I feel the video was a success, artistically I won't give up the day job 🙂

flippinheckler
    Free Member

awww I'm welling up! you could always try X Factor, I am sure Simon Cowell will give you his professional opinion. 😕

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Do you think my singing is coming on?’ is closed to new replies.