Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • do you think 650b will be a flop ?
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

as title really , whats your thoughts ?

rich

gee
    Free Member

It will stick for long travel bikes. 29er is great for hardtails but the wheels don’t allow for long travel frame designs.

GB

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

how about the long travel hardtails we british love

wrecker
    Free Member

Looking forward to trying one. Hopefully better than 29er, which I really disliked.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I saw a video on youtube and they said that one of the three size wheels will be dropped ! I cant see it being 29er or even 26 so I was just thinking the 650b might be a flop in this country ? who knows

andyl
    Free Member

I really want to switch my C456 to 650b but it’s the rockshox forks that are holding me back.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

As long as they aren’t red. I tried a red bike once it was crap. I won’t go for one again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

But red bikes are faster! That’s a SCIENCE FACT!

andyl
    Free Member

^ that’s true. Other half has a red Rockhopper and it did my wrists in when I borrowed it. B’stard bike!

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

andy you saying that a carbon 456 can take 650 b as i’m after a lighter frame

singlespeedstu

Just because red bikes are faster doesn’t mean they’re more fun.

I just hope red bikes don’t push blue bikes out the door.

I like blue bikes and I’d be very angry if I could no longer buy one.

eyerideit
    Free Member

What’s the diameter of a 650 wheel including the tyre?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I like blue bikes and I’d be very angry if I could no longer buy one.

Naaaaaaaa, there’s loads of components out there for blue bikes, they’ll be around ages.

andyl
    Free Member

I believe a 650b rear will fit. I have lots of room and if not will just make some custom swapouts to move the wheel back and raise the axle to lower the BB back down.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Naaaaaaaa, there’s loads of components out there for blue bikes, they’ll be around ages.

Profit margins are better on components for black bikes, though.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I just hope red bikes don’t push blue bikes out the door.

They already have, the last issue of mbr was nearly all red bikes, gets my goat.

I won’t be buying that mag again. nothing relates to me or any other blue bike riders.

Today a group of 10 guys rode past, not one on a red bike. The corporations are just trying to push new crap on us. Have you ever seen anyone win an enduro on a red bike?

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I might give brant a message at on one to see if the c456 will take 650 b wheels

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I would be more inclined to get a 650b for my next FS bike rather than a 29, as back in the day when klunkers came into fruition MTB’s were meant to have 650b wheel size but sourcing/supply issues meant they had to go with 26 if memory serves.

andyl
    Free Member

650b tyres are about 27.5″ in outer diameter. Some high profile 26″ tyres are already close to 27″ but obviously as low pressures you lose a chunk of that as the tyre is squished.

singlespeedstu

Brian told me red bike are shit and in my mind i’m as gnar as Brian so I’ll just do as he says.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I do have 650b tyres on my ns surge and must say it gives a comfy ride ; that’s with 2.25 racing ralphs on which are tubeless

niksnr
    Free Member

650b is not 27.5inch. It is far closer to 27 inch. Which would make it more of a Cerise coloured bike!!!!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I do have 650b tyres on my ns surge and must say it gives a comfy ride

Built for comfort is it like a good estate car? 8)

Personally I see 650 replacing 29 and 26 still going strong.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Why do they say 27.5 then 🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

650b is not 27.5inch. It is far closer to 27 inch. Which would make it more of a Cerise coloured bike!!!!!!

Considering a 2″ tyre, 26″ is just that.
    650b is a tiny bit over 27″ (not 27.5″) and 29er is 28.5″

Americans like to round things up 🙂
    That said, the difference between each size was very noticeable.

asterix
    Free Member

Try telling that to my mate Ron. He is so much faster than you on his blue bike! And several blue bikes won enduro races last year – so get your facts right before knocking them

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

Has this thread been hi jacked with coloured bikes 🙂

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Personally I see 650 replacing 29 and 26 still going strong.

Naaaaaahhhh,

All those people who went for bigger wheels going back to small ones. Not on your nelly.

It would be like Sram making a U-turn on 11 speed and going back to 7.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do these new bikes come with crown races?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

He is so much faster than you on his blue bike! And several blue bikes won enduro races last year

Exactly what I’m saying. But in two years they will bring out a middle colour “PurpleB” as this will suit fuss trail bikes better than red. As it doesn’t balls up the geo.

The interwebz will explode.

duirdh
    Free Member

*applause* from the back 😉

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Purple bikes will flop for sure, just another redundant colour.

singlespeedstu

That PurpleB will never catch on.
    In low light the purple just looks like blue.

matt1986
    Free Member

I can’t see it disappearing not with big bike companies like Scott and norco behind it. Also if it appears on the World Cup DH bikes next year and proves it worth it will defferntly stay. I hear Steve Peat is testing one on a V10

niksnr
    Free Member

I like it Richie! Pull the pin out, count to three, chuck it in and stand back and watch the carnage!! Lmfao!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I have a blue MrSchmancy and he’s very fast*

*im holding him back 😆

coopersport1
    Free Member

I think it will be a few years yet personally, the marketers have only just taken breath having force fed 29ers to us as the next best thing and I’d imagine they want the 29er to peak before pushing hard on 650b/27.5.
    26 sales still far out number 29ers maybe that will swing in this year who knows.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

That PurpleB will never catch on.
    In low light the purple just looks like blue

Exactly, BUT it rides like red! Fooking Amazeballs!

fourbanger
    Free Member

26 inch, 650b, 29er. None of these are “new” sizes. They’re all recycled anyway and have been around for years. Just because one or other is suddenly fashionable again, won’t make an other obsolete.

asterix
    Free Member

It’s just plain physics that there is more energy in blue than purple or red, so get a grip and stop believing all the hype. Blue will win out

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘do you think 650b will be a flop ?’ is closed to new replies.