• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by chip.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Do you tell lies.
  • chip
    Free Member

I would like to say I don’t but I would be lying.
    But I would say I do very very very rarely, I could not tell you the last time I did.
    This fact has landed me in trouble many times.
    I also find it very offensive when people tell them to me.

So are you happy telling fibs and do you tell them often,

slowoldman

No

paulosoxo
    Free Member

No

Edit: Gah. beaten to it.

wwaswas

I’d be lying if I said no.

So no.

MoreCashThanDash

Beaten to it.

Yes, I tell lies. But not about anything important.

tomhoward

No.
    Yes.

Jamie
    Free Member

A mate of mine does.

mudshark
    Free Member

Pretty much no, integrity is a big deal to me.

jekkyl

yes, pretty much every day. This morning the postman pat ‘ride’ that takes a £1 coin and last 2 minutes was broken so my daughter couldn’t have a go on it, shame that. 👿

nickc

society would stop functioning without them

hooli

All the time, I am married, have kids and try to keep my job…

maxtorque

Never, unless i need too.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Nope. Neither in person nor on forms/applications/CV’s.

A friend of mine once made up not just a degree but a completely fictitious university when he applied for a job after moving to America. Fortunately they didn’t check whether the University of Royal Windsor was a real thing or not and he got the job.

CountZero

No.

Bregante

Yes, Yes I do.

Not really.

geoffj

A friend of mine once made up not just a degree but a completely fictitious university when he applied for a job after moving to America. Fortunately they didn’t check whether the University of Royal Windsor was a real thing or not and he got the job.

😯 😆

nedrapier

I tell over one million lies every single day.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Do you tell lies?

Only as often as is necessary.

And is it often necessary?

Almost always.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is a lie really a lie if you mean it at the time?

rene59
    Free Member

No. With my rugged good looks, huge willy and great personal wealth I am already irresistible to women. Why would I need to lie?

joat

I sometimes misspeak.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I never misspeak, others misshear.

teasel
    Free Member

I would take a punt on there not being one individual in the entire history of mankind that hasn’t told at least one lie.

So… yep; I’m a lying ****

unknown
    Free Member

I lie all the time, although not as much as I used to, I’d say it’s the thing I’m best at. In particular I tell pointless lies to people who bore me, just for my own amusement. I’m not a very nice person, but saying that I don’t lie that much for personal gain (any more).

Rubber_Buccaneer

OP, I love you with all my heart.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Everything I say and type is a lie. Everything.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

friend of mine once made up not just a degree but a completely fictitious university when he applied for a job after moving to America. Fortunately they didn’t check whether the University of Royal Windsor was a real thing or not and he got the job.

How do people get away with this kind of thing? There was a senior female member of the US civil service who did this as well and was on something like 160k dollars a year.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I guess everyone has a degree these days so it’s just a means of getting one’s foot in the door. I framed my degree certificate from Royal Windsor (and then printed out another copy).

ricky1
    Free Member

No I don’t tell lies,I tell the truth,and it’s never got me anywhere….

chewkw
    Free Member

I don’t tell lies so normally just prefer not to answer or to get involve.

However, the truth is I think most people are zombie maggots. 😆

crankboy
    Free Member

An honest and complete answer is hard to give I am a criminal lawyer so the light answer is I tell lies for a living. In truth though I have professional and ethical obligations that mean I would lose my living and liberty if I told even a minor lie in my profesional capacity . I also come across so many liars that I like to draw a clear distinction between myself and them by not lying in my private life.
    I am fortunate that my wife genuinely does look good in her clothes and her arse never looks big in her jeans.

Tiboy

so do any of you above who answeered ‘no’ tell your kids that santa claus exists? (genuinely interested to know how non-liars deal with this issue)

funkmasterp

I’d bet money on the fact that everybody lies to some degree, even if they genuinely don’t know they are doing it. It’s part of what we are in my honest opinion. You have to teach kids not to lie, the act of telling porkies comes naturally.

I read a great book on this subject called ‘the philosopher and the wolf’a few years back. The crux of which was that it’s the ability to deceive that differentiates us and the other apes from the rest of the animal Kingdom. A good read and a good argument.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Are you canvassing for salesman?

fasthaggis

I only tell lies on Thusdays.

jimmy

Never ever ever

tom200

Bunch of lying barstewards.

willard

I try very hard not to, both at work and at home. Sometimes it is necessary, but truth is generally a lot easier and a lot better to tell, however unpleasant it may be.

Integrity FTW

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Not so much anymore but I used to be of the sort that would lie, but then stick with it with utter conviction.

If you’re gonna lie, at least believe your own truth.

Don’t have the memory for fibs nowadays. Being honest is genuinely more troublesome.

johndoh
    Free Member

I don’t believe that anyone has ever lived and never told a lie. I don’t tell big lies but fortunately my moral compass wouldn’t allow me to do anything that would require a big lie in the first place.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Do you tell lies.’ is closed to new replies.