Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do you Need a Receipt for Warranties?
  • Northernlight
    Free Member

I have been offered a set of expensive forks whcih as 'as new', but the seller has lost the receipt.

If i buy them, is there any way i would be covered by a warranty? They are Maguras.

Cheers

tracknicko
    Free Member

nope. warranty is non-transferable anyway. part of the point/price of secondhand forks is that you are accepting there is no warranty with them.

nbt

Firstly, warranty is often only for the original owner – check carefully if you think the warranty is important

But no you don't a receipt you need proof of purchase – a credit card receipt / statement is fine, or even an acknowledgement from the shop where the purchase was made should be sufficient

Northernlight
    Free Member

Cheers guys, that's helpful.

Burls72
    Free Member

You only need proof of purchase but as said above the warranty is non-transferable. Sometimes you can blag these things (unlikely in your situation) but it all depends on the returns policy of the shop and manufacturer. Some manufacturers have a really good/lenient returns system and therefore retailers are more likely to take the return as they know they will get a more favourable result as the decision about warranty issues is down to the manufacturer.

EDIT: Should type a bit quicker!

hitman
    Free Member

don't need a receipt
    some warranties are transferable but most aren't

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do you Need a Receipt for Warranties?’ is closed to new replies.