Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Do you like the new look website?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/index.php

and what stuff are you interested in reading about on the news section?

Would you like a general blog about how the event is developing, what different people are doing or should it be more about plugging new sponsors?

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, I like it. The news made me smile!

Didn’t get much of a response to my post last week – http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/in-the-bicycle-news-today

The blog is a great idea.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks Dez – Doesn’t seemed to have made much of an impression on the rest though 🙁

toby1

Not much feedback but why does it refersh itself after 15-20 seconds – often stalling in the process?

owenfackrell
    Free Member

The web site looks good.
    What is the riding like at Avon? is it the sort of place to take a newbie?

ton

wca, you got many entries from people on here.
    and can we bring dogs???

Potdog
    Free Member

Didn’t look at the thread at first because I thought it was asking about the STW site.

The BBB site looks OK. Everything seems to work. Not much else to say.

timraven

Yep, looks good. Have to see what the rest of the team fancy, but like the idea of pint to pint, ‘what could possibly go wrong?’

grumm
    Free Member

I like that new logo at the top with the biker, who’s idea was that? 😉

Looks fine, though there is some funny resizing of borders etc going on when you click some of the links.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not much feedback but why does it refersh itself after 15-20 seconds – often stalling in the process?

That’ll be the sponsors ads on the right refreshing.

epicyclo

There’s something in the ads that causes my computer to hang. Makes it difficult to visit the website unless I have heaps of time to wait while it all sorts out.

Muke
    Free Member

Can I take my own kayak to play with ?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Riding at Avon Tyrrell – There is a reasonable gentle XC trail but with a couple of longer rooty climbs to test people. Too easy? Ride faster. There is also a northshore/jump area to play in. The idea is that there is something for everyone from the Childrens Challenge up. It is actually a great place for a newbie to get their confidence as there is a variety of trails.

Ton – Quite a few from here. This and Bike Magic are the two places I have been pushing it hardest but Exodus Holidays put it in there Feb newsletter so getting interest from them too. They are giving away a £100+ holiday as a prize!

Sorry – no dogs and no fires on the camp site.

Kyacking – Damn right you can! We are trying to get one of the local shops to bring a demo fleet and possibly give one away as a prize but no success yet 🙁

Tim – If there are lots of you coming down you could club together and get a log cabin with cooking facilities, toilets and hot and cold running chambermaids!

DezB
    Free Member

You’ve done a cracking job getting all those sponsors together WCA. just been browsing the Soreen website. Yum!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks, I have had some help (Okay, Matt has done most the work)

Who should we get to sponsor the toilets and the showers?

Hairychested
    Free Member

Hats off! Give this man a decent job somebody!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Who should we get to sponsor the toilets and the showers?

Domestos? Toilet Duck? Greasy Al’s Kebab Shop?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Not a bad idea Rudeboy. Pamper products for the showers and proper cleaners for the toilets.

Toilet sponsorship – it’s a sh1t job but someone has to do it.

Muke
    Free Member

Just had a look at the Avon Tyrrell site and it sounds like Suzi Perry doing the dvd voice over ? How much of the site are you taking over ? Is there a WCA sloe Gin tent ?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Muke – we are taking over the entire place and two fields next door. This means we have access to the swimming pool, zip wire across the lake, climbing wall etc.

No sloe gin though as last years bottling suffered from gravity and a badly secure cupboard in the garage.

Suzi Perry will definately be attending*

*or possibly not 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Do you like the new look website?’ is closed to new replies.