Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Do you have nicknames for your neighbours?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Me and Mrs S do for our immediate ones.

Fat family (only the mum is overweight – the dad and sons are skinny)

H2O (car reg)

Bezzer (that’s Beryl)

The Jetsons (they had a car with JET as the last three reg’ letters)

Dirty mirrors (mirrored wardrobe doors in front bedroom and visible from street are filthy

Billy liar (female next door neighbour who is a deranged fantasist)

Before Billy Liar, we had the grumpiest cow in the world. She was Mrs. Troutfire.

mrben100
    Free Member

Dirty mirrors (mirrored wardrobe doors in front bedroom and visible from street are filthy

No, but I bet your nickname from your neighbours might be stalker? 😉

wombat

We live opposite a very nice retired couple (husband and wife) called Pat and Sandy. For the first 4 years we lived nere we didn’t know which was which so I used to refer to them as Ant & Dec as nobody knows which of them is which either.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yep, one side lives the “Mirzanator” and on the other “Edward and Tubbs”. There’s also “weird bloke” over the road.

dawson

Beardy dude across the road – Phil, lives across the road has a beard – I don’t know why I gave him a nickname when I know his real name..

Posh and becks – fashion concious couple that live a few doors up – she’s a bit ‘orange’

wwaswas

Swiss Family Robinson – the ‘wholesome looking’ lot who used to live opposite.

Mate has ‘the clampetts’ living behind him – they keep chickens and have a messy garden.

passtherizla
    Free Member

you can tell which is ant and dec, because thats the way the alwasy appear on screen… Ant then Dec. so if you’re looking at he telly ant is on the left and Dec is on the right 😉

The shouty shoutersons = the family on our floor
    Rus = sound guy who likes badseeds downstairs
    stinker = real name Pat but he foooookin stinks!

vorlich
    Free Member

Grumpy knut
    Fat knut
    Stupid knut
    Total knut

…you get the idea

Simon

Mate has ‘the clampetts’ living behind him – they keep chickens and have a messy garden.

Sounds like the bottom of our garden 😆

mattk
    Free Member

We live inbetween ‘The racist photographer’ and ‘porsche man and horse girl’

over the road is ‘dog lady’ and ‘The halloween mentalists’

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, but mentioning it on here!
    Friends used to live next to the ‘stinky dog poo smelly people’ that let their dogs poo everwhere and never clean it up, really nice on a hot sunny day.

Loving ‘the Racist photographer’ 😆

wombat

you can tell which is ant and dec, because thats the way the alwasy appear on screen… Ant then Dec. so if you’re looking at he telly ant is on the left and Dec is on the right

All I need to do is get Pat and/or Sandy to do the same and I’m sorted 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Witch (she once told me to go and die but I didn’t so she clearly isn’t a very good witch)

Mad Man (a full explanation on this fruitcake would take some time)

Steve the Dentist (yes he is)

The Teachers’ House (the teachers moved out years ago but we don’t want to talk to the new residents as they are odd)

Number 1 (they live at number one)

sobriety
    Free Member

Don Toni, he’s old, Italian and slightly scary.

djglover
    Free Member

Derek_Starship yesterday

Drac

Ermmm! No I call them by their names.

wwaswas

Ermmm! No I call them by their names.

but you’d have to talk to them to find their names out!

*shudders*

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

we do…
    we have the chavs across the road – the girls stand in the street smokin a fag in their dressing gowns. In the summer they buy ice cream from the van in their dressing gowns (he comes round at about 3pm) they also have a shouty conversations as they walk away from each other.

We also have radio garden because in the summer they have a bbq with loads of people around and play the radio at full blast (adverts and all). One day I had to work to power ballads blasting out for 3 hours.

We also have the Junglist massive who plays loud jungle music at weekends but turns it off at a respectable time.

wrecker
    Free Member

We have Kev the councillor (obvious); he’s the LOUDEST man in the world.
    Drunky; She is shitbagged by 1600hrs daily
    Domestic dave; Drunky is incapable of housework, so dave does it all.

midlifecrashes

Wouldn’t it be easier just to use their names? Unless you don’t know them and that would be a bit odd.

Edit: too slow

2tyred

Of course, doesn’t everyone?

Denzil and Gwyneth (from Absolutely) on one side, the Clampetts on the other (although they’ve just moved, taking their overworked barbecue, slightly lewd garden furniture collection and just-too-loud commercial radio station with them). That’s Mrs Tyred’ default nickname for anyone she feels is common. I’d never be so snobby, oh no.

At our old house we lived next door to Jean, a lovely old lady with two grown up kids. The son lived in the south of England and was a charming, polite fellow. The daughter however was a mad adult ned, permanently chain smoking and in a state of rage with her own poor daughter (“KURSTYYYY – AH’LL PURE BURST YOU SO AH WILL!”) and anyone else who looked at her the wrong way. We must have looked at her the right way though, as she came to the door one day (with a Christmas card) and delivered an impassioned speech about how we were “AWRIGHT BY THE WAY, NO’ PURE SNOBS LIKE IVRY OTHER C**T ON THIS STREET WHO AW LOOKS DOON THUR NOSE AT YE AN HINKS THEY’RE SUMHIN THEY’RE NO!” followed by a mad lingering stare. The original Clampett. Little did she know.

jp-t853

Current ones are:
    Orange lady
    Mother Earth
    Proper Krank
    Sh*thouse B***house (deleted part of real name actually lovely people just word association and something to do with a letter from EA about septic tank)

Some of the old ones:
    Lilo Lil
    Shazza & Steve
    Murderer (time served)
    Barnpot

jp-t853

gsp1984 – Member

I always wonder what our neighbours call us, everyone does it I’m sure.

We have ‘the lickers’… they are a lesbian couple across the road.

I would have saved that one for the next why don’t women use STW thread

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes just one neighbour across the road, we call him ‘tiny feet, tiny feet’

Fat family (only the mum is overweight – the dad and sons are skinny)

So they’re not really a fat family then?

I don’t undertsnad how you can really see this through a window as you walked by unless you’ve had a much closer look?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

‘the lickers’

😆

gravity-slave
    Free Member

We live on a hill. The 2 guys who live together next door are called “the downhill gardeners”. They really ought to live on the other side…

The uphill neighbours are The Simpsons – they arrive home with 3 kids, shout, rev engines, bang doors but are all in the house in 10 seconds flat, just like when the start of the Simpsons.

wombat

cheburashka
    Free Member

We had a next door neighbour we just called ‘numpty’ for a while, he was a strange fella for various reasons.

He might have had a worse name for me especially when I reversed my car into his new (to him) BMW Z3.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Not built them up where I am at the moment, but did have:

The Decibels – very loud with a penchant for the outdoors

and

The S**ts – a truly horrible family. New money don’t you know.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Do you have nicknames for your neighbours?’ is closed to new replies.