Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 367 total)
  • Do you believe on god?
  • kevj
    Free Member

Rather than posting my view in the other thread, I thought it best ask what is the general consensus.
    So, over-ruling higher body or crock of……?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t believe in him.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Which one?

Pook

WTF are you on about?

I AM GOD.

RichPenny
    Free Member

No, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t exist.

crikey
    Free Member

I believe your spelling is letting you down.

aa
    Free Member

Yeah,

there are higher powers at play.

chewkw
    Free Member

Creator God … errmm … delusional.

Gods – Yes & perhaps Vulcan (the one in Star Trek) too. :mrgreen:

IanMunro
    Free Member

Roughly what RichPenny says. To believe in one means you’ve got to deny the existence of lots of others, which is just a bit disrespectful of the others really.

Wookster

Yes I really do.

olympus
    Free Member

Don’t believe, too much evidence against. I find it quite annoying how someone can preach religion on the street and people say oh well everyone’s entitled to their opinion (which they are), but if then if someone was on the street preaching about atheism then people generally say it’s disrespectful or offensive…

stanfree
    Free Member

How can you believe in God when Its just Dog spelt backwards. 🙄

LabMonkey
    Free Member

I don’t believe in god… but where all of this ‘stuff’ came from to make the Universe and to allow for evolution is somewhat of a mystery.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Personally, I think naming something beyond our comprehension is a tad arrogant, but I certainly don’t believe all this came from *nothing*.

I spose the simplest answer I can honestly give is ‘yes’, although my own beliefs are a lot more complex than that really.

too much evidence against

Interesting. Care to provide said ‘evidence’?

Where’s Woppit?

emsz
    Free Member

Dunno really, maybe sometimes, other times not so sure

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Yep

donsimon
    Free Member

How can you believe in God when Its just Dog spelt backwards.

I guess he must be alright then, unless he/she/it takes the occasional crap on trail centre paths. 👿

IanMunro
    Free Member

I quite like the idea of pandeism.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandeism

olympus
    Free Member

My ‘evidence’ being evolution and common ancestors, thus destroying the argument of intelligent design. I agree the big bang is a singularity but even that doesn’t conform to the story of the bible so therefore I cant believe in God as the rest doesn’t hold up…

mintimperial

No.

joolsburger
    Free Member

No

chewkw
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Personally, I think naming something beyond our comprehension is a tad arrogant, but I certainly don’t believe all this came from *nothing*.

One creator or many gods?

Even my Jewish mate said if there was one creator god then s/he must be rather cruel.

olympus – Member

I agree the big bang is a singularity but even that doesn’t conform to the story of the bible so therefore incant believe in God as the rest doesn’t hold up…

Big bang is a singularity? I think we are jumping to the conclusion too soon. Doubt our tiny minds are really that good to know that …

LabMonkey
    Free Member

Chicken or Egg?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It does not answer the unfathomable. If god made me/us/it who/what made god. Something came from nothing and at least we are here and have fairly good understanding of how that came to be that is far more credible than religious accounts.
    Obviously you cant prove a negative.

chewkw
    Free Member

LabMonkey – Member

Chicken or Egg?

Is that important?

Free range or organic? I don’t mind either 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

No

colournoise

Definitely no god(s), but definitely stuff we don’t (yet) understand.

So, best get on with making the most of the time you’ve got (or at the very least, try not to complain about it too much without good reason).

Stuff happens.

Of course, as an atheist I DO understand that what I think is still as much just a BELIEF system as is Christianity or Islam or Hinduism or Physics or etc.

slainte 😀 rob

LabMonkey
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    LabMonkey – Member
    Chicken or Egg?

Is that important?

Free range or organic? I don’t mind either

It is very important… as Science can’t tell us which came first… therefore where did the first ‘common ancestor’ come from…?

(I am a man of science, and I do not believe in god).

transapp
    Free Member

No. However, accepting that the big bang theory etc is right (and in an infinite universe, no way could be singular) the only question I have is how does anything exist? Not just humans, but the universe itself, and all it’s component parts. That’s a humdinger of a question for me

samuri
    Free Member

Pretending that we are in some way special is hugely arrogant. We’re annoying, evil monkeys taking up a snapshot of existance on a bright little rock orbiting a small star at the edge of a small galaxy in a universe of infinate size.

SO I’d say no.

Plus, if there is a god, he’s really messed things up. Not just ‘oops I burned the lasagne’ mess up but ‘JESUS H CHRIST! – You created humans’ sized cock up. What a knob!

If I met him I’d kick him in the chuff. And if Peter started, I’d chin him too.

Finally. If you do believe in god, how can you not spend your entire day grovelling around in the dirt worshipping him? I don’t get it.

Either you believe in an almighty deity who can read your every thought and know your every feeling or you don’t. The former could only have you prostrate for your entire life beating yourself silly with a cat O’nine tails for even looking sideways at a pretty girl. Unless of course you’re choosing which bits you believe in. God can see that. And he will judge you, probably worse than the non-believers.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

I believe that there was something more significant work in the creation of the universe than simply a vaguely explained explosion of sorts.

and I find that the suggestion that all life as we know it came from amoeba or other single-celled organisms via the rather ‘random’ process of evolution is somewhat demeaning and quite frankly ludicrous…

I cannot believe in something so ‘incidental’…

I have plenty of time and patience to discuss this matter so feel free to contratict me 8)

tree-magnet
    Free Member

I couldn’t care less if there’s a god or not tbh. I’ll just go on living my life as I’ve only got a finite amount of time to use, and sitting on my arse in a cold church seems an awful waste.

Or, to put it more succinctly… No.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

My ‘evidence’ being evolution and common ancestors, thus destroying the argument of intelligent design.

I’m not a Christian. Intelligent Design is therefore irrelevant to me, although I do find it interesting, as I do all sorts of theories as to How and Why.

And evolutionary theory is just one tiny part of Humanity’s attempts to understand stuff. Not the be all and end all.

In fact you jolly well have not actually disproved the existence of God at all, just postulated your own ideas rather than actual hard evidence.

So, have you actually got any real solid irrefutable evidence that God does not exist then?

Swelper
    Free Member

Any evidence that s/he (God) does exist……?

chewkw
    Free Member

LabMonkey – Member

It is very important… as Science can’t tell us which came first… therefore where did the first ‘common ancestor’ come from…?

How does knowing the ‘common ancestor’ of chicken important to our life?

Man of science … hmmm … to answer your question … even until your turn carbon you will never find that answer of Chicken or Egg.

yunki
    Free Member

yes

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj88Pf4FYGs&feature=share[/video]

johnners
    Free Member

I’m agnostic, I don’t think the existence (or otherwise) of god is knowable. Atheism is just another belief system, whatever your view on the probability of god.

BigJohn

I believe in God.

Like a lot of things – conscience, guilt, love, fear etc. They all clearly exist – but only inside your head.

v8ninety

You can’t easily prove a negative. You can usually prove a positive though, which we as the human race have singularly failed to do in th case of god(s). So for me, it’s a no.

LabMonkey
    Free Member

chewkw – Member
    LabMonkey – Member

How does knowing the ‘common ancestor’ of chicken important to our life?

Man of science … hmmm … to answer your question … even until your turn carbon you will never find that answer of Chicken or Egg.

I think you may* be missing my point.

I was not trying to prove or disprove the existence of god, quite the contrary in fact… I was implying that science does not have all the answers, and it is unlikely it ever will… humans will kill each other well before then.

Religion and/or greed will see to my latter point.

Why is the chicken important? If you go far enough back… to the ‘primordial soup’ – the synthesised amino acids (from water, carbon dioxide, methane, hydrogen and ammonia) by the suns ultraviolet radiation, which created the first replicating chains of molecules… which would have been the ‘common ancestors’ to both the chicken and the human.

*if I am wrong I apologise

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 367 total)

The topic ‘Do you believe on god?’ is closed to new replies.