Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Do V-Brake callipers fit on a road bike?
  • djen83
    Free Member

see title.

Cheers

simondbarnes

No

dovebiker

No – vees / cantis require specific mounting studs on the frame and forks. If you’re looking at modding a road frame for CX or gravel duties, most don’t have sufficient clearance for bigger tyres+mud.

djen83
    Free Member

ahh, is there any reason for this? Does anybody know of any adapters/ a way around them not going on?

Cheers

djen83
    Free Member

aah cheers dovebiker

Dave.

core

I’ve just put some mini v brakes on my old Kinesis CX bike, went on a treat.

simondbarnes

I’ve just put some mini v brakes on my old Kinesis CX bike, went on a treat.

The key point here being CX not road bike.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Adapters so seem to exist if you don’t mind it looking like a dogs dinner.
    https://goo.gl/images/RyWYmy

You would need to consider too that if using drop bars, the levers would not be compatible with the brakes as cable pull is different. Again adapters are available but messy .

dovebiker

Mini vees work with road levers, but the problem with any kind of adaptor plate is that you’ve created another potential mud-trap. You might be able to get braze-ons put on a steel frame, but the cost would be comparable to buying a suitable used frame.

stonster
    Free Member

How old a road bike? You could always look out for touring bike forks (Dawes galaxy or similar…)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Do V-Brake callipers fit on a road bike?’ is closed to new replies.