Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Do they now do 9mm conversion for hope hubs???
  • joiner
    Free Member

as it says above…….

racing_ralph
    Free Member

what are you wanting to achieve mate? pro 2s?

joiner
    Free Member

yep pro'2s……..little bit stiffer on front end

wysiwyg
    Free Member

9mm being qr

joiner
    Free Member

yup

racing_ralph
    Free Member

9mm is qr mate – no way of achieving more stiffness unless you get new fork lowers – 15mm or 20mm

matthew_h
    Free Member

I think he means the 9mm bolt thru conversion in order to the DT Swiss DWS skewers.

Not sure whether Hope do a conversion but I would imagine they do. They do everything else.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I'm saying when the say 9mm axle they mean it's qr. Not aware of a dt kit yet

firestarter
    Free Member

yes they do i have them a set of 9mm bolt thru adaptors like the twenty mil ones only smaller lol. Works with the dt rws bolt thru and other nine mil i had to order from hope via lbs but only took a few days. Had them a few months and certainly makes a difference 🙂

Lactic
    Free Member

9mm bolt through is not the same as standard QR. Hope do do a conversion kit for the pro2, i've got it on my hubs with a dt swiss skewer.

pro 2 hub converter

dt swiss skewer

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I see said the blind man. So like a specialized stout kit

steve_b77
    Free Member

Bit pricey!!

joiner
    Free Member

is there anything cheaper than the dt swiss ???

Tiboy

at risk of being shunned, superstar do one. I've got the 10mm rear one and it's excellent for the money. and a lot sturdier than the DT ones.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i am going to give the 10mm rear a go i think – cheers

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah ive used the stout one too got it on order as new old stock and got front and rear superstar bolts in my spares box in case the dt kit breaks 🙂 there are others about too that work all cheaper than dt

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Is there one for the old XC hubs?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

actualy, thinking about it, all it neads is a XC front axel, cut off the ends upto where the covers normaly sit (the 9mm diameter bit) then bore out the middle to 9mm +/- whatever tolerance is apropriate to get a snug but moveable fit.

Anyone got a lathe and fancy giving it a go?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Do they now do 9mm conversion for hope hubs???’ is closed to new replies.