Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • do road shoes make much difference? ?
  • Haze

Mtbel, folk will have all different sorts of priorities (fit, comfort, style). For me personally I don’t go for walks in my road shoes so I don’t consider that when I buy them.

In my experience Candy’s (which I believe the OP has) were crap on my road bike compared to the proper road pedals that went on once I’d got the dosh together to buy some.

SPD may be less so as I seem to remember they have a little less float.

cookeaa

MTB shoes on a road bike make you look like a pauper.

I’ve just replaced the M520’s on my commuter with some Red M646’s I had left over from pulling my DH bike apart, just for the sake of it TBH…

You are right, I reckon they make the bike look even cheaper and tattier, but also like the rider might be some sort of scary weirdo…

And of course “those in the know” will recognise a classic pair of DH pedals fitted to a cheap Drop-bared, fixie, with mudguards and a Bar bag, and hopefully be a bit flummoxed as to what manner of dickhead might combine those mismatched parts…

mtbel
    Free Member

On the turbo in your garage? sweet!

[EDIT] this comment was aimed at my good friend Legend, no need for anyone else to get their knickers in a twist

cookeaa

Nah, Put a full on DH rig with Mud spikes on the Turbo, but fitted with SPD SLs…

Lifer
    Free Member

Why are you being such a belligerent arse over shoes?

mtbel
    Free Member

Thanks Haze. that sounds a far more sensible opinion. 😉

mtbel
    Free Member

claims of belligerence?.. and name calling.

over pedal/shoe choice?

nice! 🙁

D0NK

Your wee outburst doesn’t even make a whole load of sense.

🙂 outburst? I think you meant opinion. OK if you’re having difficulty I’ll clarify. I would expect to do some walking on most mtb rides even if it’s just hoping over a style or three, so for mtb shoes I’ll be looking for a compromise between good support when pedalling and still comfy for walking. On a road ride it’s pretty common to clip in outside my front door and not unclip til I get back there several hours later so if I was shopping for road shoes then “walkability” would be bottom of my list of properties I’d expect them to have.

cookeaa

Who’s being a belligerent arse?

I didn’t think anyone was taking this thread seriously now…

[EDIT] this comment was aimed at my good friend Legend, no need for anyone else to get their knickers in a twist

😳 It was a timing issue there I think…

Lifer
    Free Member

Oops.

Sorry it was the turbo jibe on top of asserting that everyone is wrong. ‘Antagonistic arse’ probably better than belligerent too.

Apologies.

legend
    Free Member

“Good friend” is definitely stretching things 😉

Going from SPD to look has made a difference on the turbo in fact……. mostly because the SPD shoes were shit though

firestarter
    Free Member

Christ this threads taken a turn 😉 have shoes cleats on order and pedals fitted. Shimano road shoes pedals and cleats . Unless its cold then I’ll be using my gortex mtb boots and candies

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘do road shoes make much difference? ?’ is closed to new replies.