Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • do parents ever think their kids aren't good looking?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

every mum i know refers to their kids as “GORGEOUS!!!!” yeah, we get it, you love your kid like no other person on this planet… granted 🙂 but i never see a parent say “well i love my kid, he’s awesome… shame about his crooked nose and 3rd eye growing out his left nostril… no beauty awards for him”

can parents admit their children aren’t the most physically attractive (in the sense of what modern society and culture would see as traditionally physically attractive) sproglets to walk to earth?

my mum admitted i was an UGLY baby 😆 but jokes on her cos i’m stunning now obviously

GrahamS

my mum admitted i was an UGLY baby

You’re beautiful on the inside Rocky phil.

camo16
    Free Member

My parents used to say I was gorgeous (I wasn’t).

I say my son is (he is).

That’s the objective truth. It also means my folks are untrustworthy.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve got a mate who says that he hopes his son’s looks improve with age because he’s really ugly now.

Luckily my son is the most gorgeous one on the planet so it’s not something I need to worry about 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil – my mum said I looked like Idi Amin when I was born. Some of the ‘congratulation on your baby’ card have a different name in to what I have now… apparently it was too pretty for me.

Sammie-Lousie x

(knee deep in clunge)

PJM1974
    Free Member

I was an ugly baby.

I had this confirmed when I asked my ever diplomatic mothor how ugly I was. She replied “Oh you were a lovely baby. In your own way.”

Bless.

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner Jr Sr was born with a small haemangioma which continued to grow until he was about two and dominated over half his face. It’s now sufficiently involuted (shrinking, becoming less pronounced) that it’s far less noticeable, but it’s still there and to some extent will be even after some plastic surgery when he’s 5 or 6. As his father and seeing him every day you dont notice the dis-figuration. Except when you see him in a mirror, or looking back through old photos and you realise quite how shockingly hideous he was! 🙂 Fortunately its far far less obvious now, and will only become less so until it, hopefully will be almost completely disappeared, and one thing to be said about kids in general is that at his age 4 1/2, his peers just dont care about it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Deliberate troll. Post reported. Disappointing.

*is disappointed*

binners

I’m constantly baffled by my youngest daughter. She’s somehow conspired to be absolutely beautiful, yet somehow look like me! Go figure

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think we’re already beginning to see a rough guide to what parents think.

Personally, I don’t think a youngster begins to look sexy until just after puberty. 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

When my little girl was a couple of days old she looked like a purple sausage. I didn’t think she was an attractive child at that point.

sobriety
    Free Member

I got shown some baby photos of my ex, my comment of ‘boy were you an ugly baby’ got me weeks of rage!

Anyone who thinks tiny Winston Churchills (let’s face it, that’s what all newborns look like) are beautiful has something deeply wrong with them, or it’s their baby and it’s an automatic response evolved to make them care for it.

Stuey01
    Free Member

My niece was/is adorable.
    My nephew was bloody ugly. Thank god he is improving with age.

yossarian
    Free Member

My youngest looked like phil mitchell when he was very young. Not pretty. Turned out nice though. My eldest has the most luminous and piercing blue eyes I’ve ever seen. He’s only 4 and we get stopped in the street by random strangers frequently who want to comment on them. Bit weird. He screams and thrashes around when we drive past churches too.

Garry_Lager

My son had a small squint (since corrected with surgery). Never noticed it day-to-day – thought he looked great, v bonny toddler. You just don’t see these imperfections as a parent.

You definitely get atuned to how your kids speak as well – to the point where most parents think their own kids are brilliantly articulate. I’ll pick the bairn up from nursery and they’ll be kids running around mumbling nonsense. Christ – that girl’s four and she can barely speak, not like me lad.

BoardinBob

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYKHek8Z7zk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

GrahamS

Classic clip BB:

“Haulin’ that gaaargantuan cranium aboot. Am no kidding that boy’s heid like sputnik… That was offside wasn’t it? He’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight… on his huuuge pillow!”

Love that film, should have submitted some of those lines for the best movie one-liners thread.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Much like with noisy/antisocial dogs and their owners, most parents are blind to their childrens faults and will automatically put it down to you being unfair/mean/grumpy

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Philconsequence..I’m guessing you don’t have kids! Because that’s exactly how I feel! I ‘ve seen loads of mates saying “ah look at my gorgeous baby” …”nope it’s darn ugly”!!!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Babies are ugly – that is all they can ever be. Think about what they’ve gone through – all squashy faced.

tazzymtb

my dad told everyone that he was a zoo keeper as that I was a baby orang that had been abandoned by my mum and he was hand rearing me. I only got uglier from there…….. 🙁

souldrummer
    Free Member

I was a good looking baby and toddler, but it’s been a long and steady decline since then. Even my Mum once said words to that effect when I was a teenager…didn’t do much for my already poor self-confidence

tonyd

My two boys are far better looking than all their friends. I think it must run in the family as I’m also extremely handsome.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I was a right ugly kid, I got uglier, by the time I was 18 I was spotty and so ugly girls would run away. I got better in my 20s and now Im not so bad. My polite mum described me as individual. I look like a little pink ET in my baby photos.

samuri
    Free Member

I have to be restrained usually from enquiring if there is something wrong with all babies, including my own. Kittens and Puppies all look very cute when they’re born. Human babies should be left in a dark room until they stop looking so red and fat.

If they’re lonely, stick their mums in there with them. Most mums have all sorts of hormone problems after they’ve given birth so probably want to be left alone anyway.

Couple of years should see them right. Cut a hole in the bottom of the door so you can push meals and toys through.

Toasty

My mother would always tell me that I was ‘big boned’ and ‘broad’, unlike herself who was very slender, blonde, and Miss Pelsall 1962, don’t you know … -_- She also told me that I shouldn’t wear skirts with hems on the knee or higher, because I hadn’t got the legs to carry it off.

My sister in law, upon seeing pictures of my brother as a baby, squealed, “He looks like Smeagol!”

One of the (many) girls who got pregnant at my school brought her newborn son into the common room. Lots of girls were going, ‘so cute’, and my mate Davenport chimed in with “fudge off is he, he looks like Sloth from the Goonies!”

Edit: this is Mrs Toast, by the way, forgot Mr Toast has been using my iPad. He also doesn’t wear skirts above the knee….

maxray
    Free Member

my dad told everyone that he was a zoo keeper as that I was a baby orang that had been abandoned by my mum and he was hand rearing me. I only got uglier from there……..

😀 swinging down through the singletrack… explains your readiness then. 😉

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I think the majority of parents are able to see anything other than the ‘inner beauty’ of their child.

Much like when one is boffing the new young office girl at work, you tend to be blinded by lust and overlook the monobrow, lazy eye, rodent teeth and twitch.

tazzymtb

maxray- have re-found another 3 miles or so of super secret flowy singletrack I’d forgotten about for next time you visit

maccruiskeen

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCENYott5Tg[/video]

M6TTF
    Free Member

Looking back at piccys our lad was a reet weird looking baby! His nose was such a little turned up button it looked like had a proper snout lol, he was very long and skinny, gollam would be a good description. Thankfully he’s turned into a real handsome chap now!

philconsequence
    Free Member

cool 🙂 glad i’m not the only one!

some babies can look kinda cool:

but some….

Bagstard
    Free Member

Inspite of his Thomson ears (lucky for me they skipped a generation) My baby boy is very handsome. We went to a friends baby party and it is clear from the photo’s he is like a young Enrique (without mole) surrounded by a sea of Phil Mitchells and Winstone churchills!

yunki
    Free Member

mine is the most amazing thing I have ever seen.. and mostly that conveys itself as extraordinary and breathtaking beauty.. but I think it’s an inbuilt instinct..

because if I let my rational brain take over I can see that he looks like a half cooked dumpling.. and at some point in the womb his DNA got confused as to what nose to make and decided to just whack one on top of the other and squish them around a bit.. he looks demented often too.. (and he’s got the postman’s eyes..)

TiRed

When I was born my mother asked “what colour hair has it got?” [Red was what she wanted and got]. I was so ugly (damaged at birth), the nurses used to cover me when carrying me through the nursery so as not to upset other mothers! There are no photos… My sons however, have done rather better in the gene pool, with olive skin and dark eyes. No red haired fair maiden though 🙁

alpin
    Free Member

that “the day today” sketch made me laugh.

sometimes i look at parents and then the child and think “what were you thinking?”.

flatfish
    Free Member

Take the horns away and your looking at ValleyDaddy aged 37.

😆

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘do parents ever think their kids aren't good looking?’ is closed to new replies.