Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Do my Xmas shopping for me…
  • lunge

So, normally I’m pretty damn good at this Xmas shopping lark. I know what I want, I know where to get it from and I do the job with great speed and efficiency.

This year however feels different. It’s the 14th of December, I have bought 1 present, a toy for my niece, I feel really uninspired by the whole thing this year. I am however aware that I have to get something, and get something I shall. So thinks I, why not use the one thing that always helps with a huge range of queries, the great STW? What’s needed is presents for:

Wife – £75 max, sporty (running, gym, very occasional cycle), teacher, loves travel, loves booze.
    Brother – £50 max, banker (booo!!!), likes golf, doesn’t really drink.
    Sister-in-law – £50 max, similar interests to my wife, less travel, more family orientated.
    Parents – £100 combined. 65 YO, Mom retired, Dad not quite, both young for their age, hate being seen as old, neither really drink.

So great STW, can you help me out?????

willard

Wife – A boutique gin perhaps? Alternatively something like a decent massage might be welcome if she is a) stressed and b) gets sore legs from running
    Brother – A new golfing umbrella or some posh golfing socks (vile colours, but quality socks?
    SIL – A maps of the local footpaths in her local area so that she can do more running?
    Parents – Wakeboarding lessons?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wife – tonne bag of pea shingle
    Brother – half a pig
    SIL – chainsaw trousers
    Parents – Pair of staffordshire dogs, but one badly chipped, hence £100

cozz
    Free Member

Wife – Bonsai tree
    Brother – Bonsai tree
    Sister-in-law – Bonsai Tree
    Parents – Bonsai tree

sorted

(bet you can’t guess what I sell)
    shamless plug – http://www.bonsai.co.uk

A gift that keeps on growing !! – see what I did there ! – genius

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Bike park Wales gift vouchers for everyone.

blader1611
    Free Member

Err…this is easy.

Wife – a new mtb bike in your size
    Brother – new cycling clothes in your size
    SIL – new cycling shoes in your size
    Parents – new subscrition to stw in your name!

Then look forward to boxing day when they return the gifts and you announce you have thrown the receipts away so you will have to keep them. If they moan/complain remind them “its the thought that counts”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Something from the classifieds?

globalti
    Free Member

I HATE Christmas shopping but this site made it a lot less painful for me this year: https://www.thegreatgiftcompany.co.uk/?gclid=CIreqNvU89ACFWi37Qod7l4L3w

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Do my Xmas shopping for me…’ is closed to new replies.