Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do my brakes need re-bleeding?
  • markfu
    Free Member

Just got back in from my first ride after having my bike serviced. The front brake (Mono M4's) seemed ok on the flat, except that the lever was pulling in ever so slightly more than normal. However, as i got towards the bottom of the first downhill section the lever was almost touching the bars before it bit, it was fine again once i'd been on the flat for a while though?. I was a couple of hours into the ride when it happened so i am pretty sure that the pads have had enough time to reposition themselves since having the brakes bled. I couldn't see any obvious signs of fluid leaking anywhere either, and the pads are broken in fine. I'm a bit miffed as they have ran perfectly for 4 years without touching them. I am off to Les Arcs next week and the last thing i need are dodgy brakes!!!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

return to the shop – they have air in them still I bet – heated up and expanded which made them even spongier.

also check both pistons moving equally – check hope site for vids.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Sounds more like water contaiminated or very old brake fluid to me.

markfu
    Free Member

They've changed the fluid apparently, i hope to god that they haven't put the wrong stuff in.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

take it back to who ever you got it serviced at and throw the bike in there face?

markfu
    Free Member

Just to update this, i took the bike back. After 2 days they told me i needed new seals, which they ordered from the UK. I went back today expecting to pick my bike up and the seals haven't turned up yet. They have told me that if it's not done by Thurday then they will temporarily fit another brake for my trip to the Alps (On Friday). I'm getting a little bit worried if the truth be told.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do my brakes need re-bleeding?’ is closed to new replies.