Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Do [s]libel / slander[/s] (lying) laws apply to evangelists??
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

I've just listened to one of Pat Condell's insightful and amusing videos.

Now I know exactly what Mr Woppit sounds like. 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

In fairness to Mr Woppit, it is very instructive to read the "feedback" section of the erudite and hilarious Mr Condell's website.

While the threshold for an unacceptable ad hominem argument is some way short of this point in my book, we will definitely know that we have personal remarks on our hands when we read:

wat up mofoker 2 b honest hope u get raped by a donkey. u ignorant racist bastard hope a **** jus kicks u soo hard in ur **** hed u gain knowledge and read the quran urself u self centered white pork face bastard. yh i sed it and u aint gonna stop me WHITE PORK FACE BASTARD
    THATS WAT U R AND WAT U GONA B 4 EVER AND EVER AND EVER

DICKHED

U ARE A BARSTARD. U F***ING FOUR EYED WHITE HONKIE MONSTER. IM GNA RIP UR FU**NG HEAD AND LED YOU DIE SLOWLY. 1 WARNING THOUGH NO NEED FOR ME COZ I CAN PROMISE U DAT IN THE NEST 3 DAYS U WILL EXPERIENCE THE WORST PAIN EVER AND DAT WILL BE PAIN FROM HELLL U F***ING RETARDED WHITE HONKIE BARSTARD WHO NEEDS TO BE KILLED

I think these people are probably of the muslim persuasion rather than methodists, but it's not wholly clear.

🙂

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

The simple answer is "yes" libel laws do apply to members of the clergy and other paid and voluntary Christian workers.

molgrips
    Free Member

1) Woppit, you can't just insult something that you KNOW some people hold dearest of all things, and then claim not to be insulting THEM. That's just silly, and shows a complete lack of understanding of people. But we've been through all this. Was your quip about personal attacks through the forum aimed at me? If it was, then I'm not attacking you, I'm just stating the facts as I see them – so you shouldn't get offended (by your logic 🙂 )

2) You can only sue someone for lying if you can show that they were lying. You can't PROVE that we don't get taken up to heaven when we die any more that they can prove that we do. So no case.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

you can't just insult something that you KNOW some people hold dearest of all things, and then claim not to be insulting THEM

Why not?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

I've just listened to one of Pat Condell's insightful and amusing videos.

Now I know exactly what Mr Woppit sounds like.

If only. I can't claim to be anything like as fluent, but spookily enough, we do look very similar.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why not?

Because if you insult someone's', mother, profession, wife, nationality, pet dog, race, child, whatever, then that person is quite likely to feel insulted.

But you already knew that Woppit …….. no one is that stupid.

Not even you.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If one insults a person's mother, one is insulting a person's mother. That person may well take umbrage at the insult to his/her mother, but one is still insulting the mother, not the person.

Only a bean-counting, pompous, boring, tedious waste of oxygen like you couldn't grasp that simple fact.

Now s*d off, you silly @rse.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Now s*d off, you silly @rse.

*bursts out crying*

OK…….that deals with someone's mother ………what about their profession, wife, nationality, pet dog, race, or child? Would you be insulting them if you insulted any of those things?

And what about their "ears" ?

Would it be OK to poke fun of someone's ears ? Would it be considered that you were not insulting "the person" …..just their ears ?

…….in your strange little world Woppit.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

OK…….that deals with someone's mother ………what about their profession, wife, nationality, pet dog, race, or child? Would you be insulting them if you insulted any of those things?

You are stupider than even I imagined someone as ridiculous a windbag as yourself, could possibly be.

Some kind of achievement I suppose.

Excuse me, I have some fresh paint that needs watching whilst it dries.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ha ha this is funny!

That Pat Condell; what a sad bastard. Over-inflated sense of his own importance, so he spouts ignorant bigoted shite that he thinks makes him sound clever, and bungs it on you tube. What a knob.

If I looked anything like him, I'd have to wear a Burkha.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You should contribute to his "Feedback" page, you'd be right at home…

molgrips
    Free Member

If you insult something that is very personally important to a person, then you are also offending and insulting them by association. You know this full well.

But you are trolling now. I could call you a boring arrogant windbag if you like. Would it be any more meaningful? Blahblahblah.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Excuse me, I have some fresh paint that needs watching whilst it dries.

Ah, I can see you're stumped Woppit…………it's the "ears" question what done it …… innit ? 💡

Well have a think about it anyway, and let us know if you decide that insulting someone's ears is insulting
    "the person" as you call it.

Or whether it's just the ears whats getting the insults.

And btw, I would be quite interested on your take concerning insulting someone's wife's ears.

I have to say Woppit, I'm finding your subtle etiquette and fine dividing lines when it comes to 'insults', absolutely fascinating.

Although I think that we could probably just sum it all up thus : when you dish it out it's not an insult,
    but when others do, it probably is.

Whaddya reckon ……. is that about it ?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

ernie – you have the ears of a young Karl Marx 😯

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Why don't Enie Lynch and Mr Woppit meet for a 'bike-off'? A series of cycling challenges, to decide the 'winner'.

Maybe then they might find they actually enjoyed something together, and stop arguing.

Maybe.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

they might find they actually enjoyed something together

😕 Why the **** do you imagine I don't enjoy my time on here with Woppit

Obviously I can't speak for Woppit.

And to be fair I sometimes get the impression that he doesn't enjoy himself quite as much as I do 😐

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well by all accounts he's enjoying himself now. In a right posh bed, if his post on the thread about (unsurprisingly) beds is to be believed. Wonder if it has directional cables attached?

Junkyard
    Free Member

if it does can we plug them in direct to the mains ?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

What a beautiful (if somewhat less than christian) thought 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

To be fair, the "posh" bit is just the mattress…

Aligned North-South for the magnetosphere directionality, of course.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Do [s]libel / slander[/s] (lying) laws apply to evangelists??’ is closed to new replies.