Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • do it all bikes or commute bikes – sanity check required
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

do it all bikes or commute bikes – sanity check required

the ridiculous thought in my head currently… split and flog my Steel Kona road bike (sora gp/tekro brakes)… get a Transition Rapture or Genesis Croix De Fer frame and build up.. I’m lacking a lot of compatible parts though

my commute is a cycle path/tarmac/road route with pot holes, loads of cars

I will of spent a fair bit of money just for disks… but then if I do overhaul the kona at all, it will cost a lot as its currently a sora basis

its all madness 😯

kimbers

i dunno what you are saying but i commute 100 miles a week in london on this and I love it

(with marathon plus tyres and a 44t chainring)

coastkid
    Free Member

I bought a 13 Genesis Cdf which is Sora 2×9 at Xmas, cheap and chearfull at half the price new compared to the big brother Croix de Fer,
    It is ace! 🙂

Also ride a drop bar 29er Surly Karate Monkey, same idea but more HD, both these bikes are fun on/off road to/from work,

Along with them i also use a 29 year old Peugot Triathlon with cross tyres squeezed in, zero value means no worries to leave locked up outside shops etc.. no discs but cheap transport…

I like the drop bars on these bikes for into the wind on the road, and all have been strong enough for rough roads and easy trails,

A regular hardtail MTB with smooth-ish tyres is an ideal option too 🙂

TiRed

Put wider tyres and mudguards on the Kona. Nothing wrong with rim brakes. The frame will be nicer than the Genesis.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘do it all bikes or commute bikes – sanity check required’ is closed to new replies.