Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Do Isla Bikes ever have a sale?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Tight Yorkshire man here 😆

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

They had a completion/raffle in October and November to win your money back. And I think they had £50 off one range before Xmas.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok so it’s my sons birthday at the end of March, so I just need to keep checking their website I guess.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just buy a frog.

nwill1
    Free Member

Surely the point of a sale is to shift stock that is not selling…I don’t think they have a problem…their bikes sell at 90% cost second hand!?

Klunk
    Free Member

It’ll be the cheapest bike you ever buy.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Have a look on facebook, there’s a pre owned islabike page , it’s quite busy…
    You might be able to pick up a bargain on there

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The equivalent Frog bike is 1kg heavier and £50 cheaper. If I am going to spend £250, I may as well spend £50 more and get the best bike I can.

Besides do Frogs hold value as well.

bigdean

We sold an 18 month old choc for £30 less than it cost new. Made the new bike very cheep.

jamj1974

Buy Islabike and make almost all your money back. I have now done so three times. Never lost more than £15 off the price I paid new.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We sold an 18 month old choc for £30 less than it cost new. Made the new bike very cheep.

Buy Islabike and make almost all your money back. I have now done so three times. Never lost more than £15 off the price I paid new.

So people will buy scratched/dented bikes at minimal discount?? Sounds madness to me.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Try telling my son he should love his Rothan less because it came pre-scuffed at 75% of the new price…

AlexSimon

So people will buy scratched/dented bikes at minimal discount?? Sounds madness to me.

islabikes prices keep going up.
    So you buy one at £149 keep for 4 years and sell for £130, because the new one is £199
    (or something similar).

vinnyeh

Islabikes prices have gone up so much and often that a small discount on the price paid new a year or so ago is a big discount on the current price.

It’s like buying houses in London, except that you won’t make money. The bubble must burst though, too many on the bandwagon now.

edit: gaah, Alex Simon said it faster.

iain1775
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Just buy a frog.

This +1 very impressed with the Frog 48 I got for my 4 year old before Xmas

The equivalent Frog bike is 1kg heavier and £50 cheaper. If I am going to spend £250, I may as well spend £50 more and get the best bike I can.

Depends what size you are looking at, the 48 is very similar in weight, £20 cheaper, comes with mudguards and looked to have more scope for child growth
    You could also say 25% more instead of £50 more, that’s quite a lot more in the scale of the cost of bikes, given they are already expensive for what will only last a couple of years or so before being outsized

Besides do Frogs hold value as well.

Only time will tell as they are relatively new to the market, but I reckon so, once they get a reputation that their builds would seem to deserve

Personally I decided to go with cheaper Frogs upto 16″ (their 48) when my daughter graduates to 20″ wheels and gears then Isla are probably worth considering again
    I think Frog will start to get a decent chunk out of Isla’s share in the balance-16″ market and Isla remain dominant in 20″/24″ (and now moving into adult bikes)

bobfleming

Hi Funkydunc

How old is your son?

Got a cnoc 14 to sell if you are interested.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Ooh, I am after a Cnoc 14 for my boy if it doesn’t suit the OP’s needs.

What colour, how old, and what condish?

I looked at the Frogs but they don’t do them small enough for my 2, nearly 3 year old.

GrahamS

Second hand is the way to go.

We bought our daughter a Rothan off eBay for £113 (inc delivery). It was pristine.

She eventually outgrew it so this Chrimbo we Santa bought her a Cnoc 16 off eBay for £130 (inc delivery) which came with mudguards and was near enough to pristine that she didn’t notice.

Not a bad investment for nurturing a love of cycling and being active. Once both kids are finished with them we’ll resell them and make some money back.

mst
    Free Member

Can someone point me to the Facebook group ? I can’t seem to find it.

Got a CNOC 16 to get rid of

GrahamS
    mst
    Free Member

Ta

bobfleming

Hi Jef (above)

Sorry for delay will contact you later re cnoc 14

Blue, good condition, model before current one but very good condition for age.

Cheers

jamj1974

Ours get used – not abused or thrashed The occasional scratch but no dents. Always looked after and maintained as I do any bike. I suspect because they are mainly used on fields and trails they suffer less than bikes when the children fall off than when I used to crash onto 1970’s concrete!

cyclistm
    Free Member

Mst, could be interested…feel free to email me. (I’m not on facebook though)

northernmatt

Mst, if cyclistm doesn’t take that CNOC16 I may be interested. I’ve put a post on the Facebook group or you can email which is profile.

mst
    Free Member

The one thing about my CNOC is that it has a back pedal rear brake. Has mudguards (never used as they didn’t fit under the off road tyres), stabilisers and an XT front brake.

EMail in profile if you’re still interested.

traildog
    Free Member

The bikes are solidly built and have good quality paint. Not easy to dent and even a few surface scratches don’t look that bad to an adults eye and a child will never notice or even care.

If they were scratched/dented then they wouldn’t be desirable and hold the money that they do.

There are a few competitors now, Frog and Hoy bikes both look interesting.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Do Isla Bikes ever have a sale?’ is closed to new replies.