Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Do I need anti-virus on my Android phone?
  • wwaswas

Just got an Xperia Z to replace my iPhone and it came with McAfee which is now asking me to register etc but no idea if I actually need it?

If I do need av which one’s good?

29erKeith
    Free Member

If you’re with Barclays you can get Kaspersky for free
    other banks do similar too I think

certainly wont do any harm

somouk
    Free Member

I think Norton do a range of AVs for mobile devices which are meant to be okay.

I personally don’t think you need it but android being an open platform it is a little more open to people attacking it.

DezB
    Free Member

My kid was getting messages about having a virus on his. I decided he didn’t have one and there’s been no problem with it.
    This article is quite interesting. You can get free AV, but whether you actually need it is for you to decide.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how-to/computer-security/you-should-put-antivirus-software-on-your-phone-14886208

jdwafc
    Free Member

Get lookout mobile security app,
    Just be careful what you download from the net and apps on play store, there has been some dodgy apps carrying malware/viruses, but most are safe.

wwaswas

lookout installed, ta

jeffl

I don’t think AV for android is worth it. Been running android phones for about 3 years now without issue. Just make sure you only install apps from known developers/sources.

Saying that there is a useful app that can block what functions (web, email, sms) an app can access. More like a function firewall than AV though.

crankboy
    Free Member

i have AVG on my phone it must do something as i have to uninstall it every time i want to connect my phone to my laptop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Do I need anti-virus on my Android phone?’ is closed to new replies.