Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Do I need a one of these expensive dropper posts or not?
  • dday

I bought one to go on a new build. Spent 4 weeks riding my usual trails, never touched it. Just got back from Coed Y B, where I used it constantly. Very useful piece of kit, when required..

drslow
    Free Member

They are not ugly but there are a few cables needing hidden. I bought one for my carbon HT as i couldn’t put a quick release on it and i get more confidence and speed if the saddle isn’t there. Plus it makes your mates jealous (until it fails anyway 😉 )Linky

Northwind

the number of people posting on here with problems suggests theres still a lot of work to be done

People insist on buying models that don’t work. People are still buying Joplins FFS, and getting all excited about the new model which will probably have all the old issues, and a whole set of teething issues all of its own (though, it’ll be a sort of teething that never ends).
    People bought reverbs in year one, ran into the initial faults and design flaws, people buying them now get the benefits of the live beta. And then there’s random ones off the internet that cost 50p.

TBH riders make noise about reliability but when it comes to the crunch a lot of them don’t buy reliable- they buy pretty, or cheap, or fashionable.

iBaa
    Free Member

How often do you adjust your seat height when riding?

If you find it more comfortable with the seat raised up for climbs and the seat lowered out of the way for descents, then yes you need one.

I agree with the previous comments that the Dropper seat post is the best additions to the MTB in recent years.

I have had 2 reverbs due to a change in frame size. The first one had an issue with the air seal that was replaced under warrantee, the second has been without fault.

Gribs

I like mine but the main thing for me is getting the seat back to the correct height. I’ve can easily drop a normal quick release seatpost down, even whilst still riding but I’ve always struggled to get it at exactly the right height again.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Do I need a one of these expensive dropper posts or not?’ is closed to new replies.