Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do I need a new fridge?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

My 7 year old Miele fridge cannot get the fridge below 9C. It says 7C but I’ve put a good thermometer in it and that says 9C.
    I’ve got it set to full artic blast and now “super chill” for 3 hours. Still too warm.
    I haven’t seen much in the way in spares for fridges (unlike cookers, dishwashers etc).

Can I get it regased like the cars A/C?? Or is it time for a new fridge?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

No fridge experts in?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Is it a stand alone fridge or a fridge freezer ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Assuming you have given everything a good clean, to make sure no sensors/vents are being obstructed. I would give Miele a call, and see what they say. At the very least they would be able to recommend an engineer to come out and have a look at it.

Depending on what they say, then you can decide if it’s worth spending X amount on a 7 year old fridge, compared to a new more energy efficient one.

Customer sales and support, including service and repair

0330 160 6600

http://www.miele.co.uk/contact-us/

amaan
    Free Member

Yep, you can get it regassed/topped up, make sure you use an f-gas registered engineer if you go down the repair route, probably just needs a good clean/minor service.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

right-ho. I’m currently also checking our freezer in the garage. I don’t really want to pay Miele to fix it. I’ve got three Miele appliances and I’m not impressed with any of them!

Jamie, you are thinking the same as me. Our electric bill is very high compared to our neighbours. Given we have nothing other than the fridge, freezer and modem on during the day I suspect both the fridge and freezer might be on the way out. I’m currently thinking it would be cheaper in ‘leccy to replace both with a fridge/freezer combined. Will ring Milie and see what they say.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do I need a new fridge?’ is closed to new replies.