• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by sv.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Do I need a head doctor is I buy a Hope headset?
  • konaman
    Free Member

Im about to buy a new headset but if I buy a hope one do I need a hope head doctor? My forks already have the bit in them for the screw to go into.
    Thanks

clubber
    Free Member

No, the headset is fine with a standard top cap (But I have a feeling that the Hope headset comes with a head doctor anyway).

matthewlhome
    Free Member

no – you can just use the star nut in your existing forks. The hope headset comes with a head doctor anyway, but you may need to remove the existing star nut to use it.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

wot he ^ said
    You don’t need one, but it’ll come with the headset anyway. Be careful if you use it though as the bolt is softer than butter

konaman
    Free Member

OK thanks guys

Seamus
    Free Member

They come with a head doctor, but you don’t need to use it. The top cap bolt from the head doctor will screw into a SFN

fisha
    Free Member

in my experience, bin the doctor – use a normal star nut

rkk01
    Free Member

Have used several Hope headsets – had the throw away the Head Doctor on each occaision. Absolutely useless.

FuzzyWuzzy

Only just started using a Hope headset myself and the Head Doctor seems to work fine to me…

Haze

No problems with mine either…

lowey

in my experience, bin the doctor – use a normal star nut

Lol.. total opposite for me. Hed Doctor worked a treat and has done for ages. By contrast, I always manage to balls up putting a SFN in.

br
    Free Member

They work well, as long as you RTFI.

sv

No problems with mine either…

…or mine.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Do I need a head doctor is I buy a Hope headset?’ is closed to new replies.