Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do I need A Chainguide With An MRP Bling Ring?
  • paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

Looking at replacing my XX1 chainring with a spiderless chainring of some sort….
    preference would be a works narrow wide job but they dont seem to have them in stock and I cant find them anywhere else.
    I have found an MRP bling ring online and although they are not narrow wide they do seem to have extended teeth so I am wondering if I would need a guide with this? I will be using it with an XX1 rear mech (clutch).

any advise would be much appreciated!!

many thanks

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

aren’t XX1 rings fairly competitively priced? about £60-£65 at CRC or the like.

paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

they are yes but i wanted to save a few grams and get rid of the XX1 spider and ring for one piece.

_tom_
    Free Member

Works do have them in stock unless they’ve suddenly ran out in the past few days, mine arrived a couple of days ago!

stevede
    Free Member

I have a 32t and a 34t bling ring with very little use you can have for a good price, email in profile if interested.

kimbers

even with a clutch mech and narrow wide ive lost my chain a few times only on fast rocky descents so if you dont ride them much then might not be worth it
    Ive stuck an upper guide on now, only had one ride and no chainloss yet

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do I need A Chainguide With An MRP Bling Ring?’ is closed to new replies.