Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Do cash machine cards still work after having gone through a wash?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Err – today's fail was washing my wallet. The notes in there seem to be ok and are drying as we speak. But will the chip still work or do I need to order a new card? 😳

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How about, if before you walk into the bank to order a new one, you pop it in the cash machine to see if it works ?

I can't see why it wouldn't though – sim cards in phones that have been dropped down the toilet are fine.

fbk
    Free Member

Yep – almost certainly be fine. I've done it loads of times. It used to be a problem when the signature panel was important 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What temperature was the wash btw ?

simonralli2
    Free Member

It was a 40 degree wash.

And I know I could test it but am out in the sticks and not near any banks for testing.

uplink
    Free Member

What's the card number, expiry date & security number?

I'll run a few tests & get back to you

simonralli2
    Free Member

You forget I am now a student and there's not much in there to be honest. Would get you a coffee and a tank of petrol 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It was a 40 degree wash.

Was it a short spin ?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Nope – a normal one unfortunately. Had quite a lot of muddy biking kit in there.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh dear …….. the washing instructions I got with my cash card said wash as synthetic and short spin 😐

Drac

The magnetic strip sometimes comes off but the signature strip does for sure and comes up void. I just put my signature over the top and no one queried and no one probably will now it's all chip and pin.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Do cash machine cards still work after having gone through a wash?’ is closed to new replies.