Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Do any of the forum regulars have a road bike that's……
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

blue/a light shade of blue/has blue accents? Need some bar tape to match?

I’ve got a couple of rolls of light blue bar tape that don’t quite match my bike, so I probably won’t use it. Some Selle Italia Smootape and some other unbranded stuff.

Free to anyone that wants it; both sets go together though. Thought I’d post it here so the classifieds vultures don’t swipe it 😉

johnw1984
    Free Member

I feel a bit cheeky, but I can give you a bit of backstory 🙂

My Wife’s uncle died last year after long suffering with Cancer. My Father in law inherited one of his old bikes (Ridgeback Genesis Day 01).

It’s too big for him, so to keep it in the family, I’ve offered to take it off their hands and rebuild it into a decent looking road bike.

The frame is all raw aluminium, so I was thinking of a blue/raw look. Bar tape would be a nice start 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

email me your address John, I’ll get it in the post today. Email in profile.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Remember to post pictures when it’s finished aswell 😉

johnw1984
    Free Member

That’s awesome, I’m going to be doing a build thread on it when I start stripping it.

Thank you very much 🙂

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good work! I look forward to seeing it!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Email sent. Bit of a coincidence that he lived in Cumbria (Kendal).

Love this forum sometimes, I’ll pay it forward when I have something of use to someone else 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Do any of the forum regulars have a road bike that's……’ is closed to new replies.