Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Do AM45 shoes sit on the platform of a M647 (DX) pedals? Mallet DH race?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

So had my first proper ride on spds, i just got some m424s to be cheap, using with some AM45 shoes.

I actually really like it, but would quite like my foot to be cupped just like on a flat pedal, very much aware it’s a much smaller part of my foot in contact with the pedal.

AM45s don’t meet the platform on my M424s, would the platform be met by my sole with M647s?

Mallet DH race the only real option?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You have 2 options
    Stiffer shoes and it will feel like you are stood on a platform or something like the mallets, they work well with my Teva Pivots and the 5-10 SPD’s before them. However if you get it too close it’s much harder to clip and unclip

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I use the am boots with the shimano XT trail (caged) pedals that works well

zero-cool
    Free Member

They sit on the platform of my DX pedals and old pair of Mallets. But not really when it comes to the Shimano pedals with the small ‘faux-platform’ on some of the newer pedals (like the XTRs). Shimano dX pedals are the best I’ve found. The resin platform can be surprisingly grippy if you fail to clip back in.

One piece of advice is to drill out the slots on the shoes and move the cleats back about 2cm. Is a massive improvement. There’s a video online where Fabial Barel talks about it. I tried it on my 5:10s but you can’t do it as the Shimano midsole is completely solid whereas the 5:10 midsole isn’t.

I would recommend the AM45 + DX combo
    Tom kp

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Isn’t the Barel thing more to do with him having smashed his leg and it’s no longer straight/same as the other one?

mountainmankyle
    Free Member

Are you still selling those Easton wheels ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Do AM45 shoes sit on the platform of a M647 (DX) pedals? Mallet DH race?’ is closed to new replies.