Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DMT E1 shoes – latest STW mag question (mods?)
  • Rik
    Free Member

Love the look of these shoes in the latest mag. But…….

The last paragraph of the shoe group test says all the shoes vary widely in fit and shape, but each shoe review does even mention if the fit is small/large/wide/narrow for a given size – not very helpful.

As these shoes are pretty rare so an Internet mail order purchase rather than walk into your local shop.

How do they fit for a given size?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I wear a 46 in M200 and AM45’s and also a 46 in DMT E1.
    Fit seems ok

Rik
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, do they have ‘thick’ padding like the am45. As they take months to ‘wear’ in and compress the foam to be comfy.

45 in 5-10 Spd shoes

What size trainers/normal shoes do you take?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Padding isnt too thick, And they seem to dry quickly.

Were very comfy after 3 rides

Usually UK 11 in trainers or Euro 46

Rik
    Free Member

Coolio cheers

Rik
    Free Member

Bump for the STW staff

Rik
    Free Member

Bumpty bump

barney
    Free Member

The DMTs are available from UK distributor Paligap – which most shops will have an account with. They’re a pretty middle-of-the-road fitting; I’m a comfy (slightly narrow) 46 in most things including these… but your mileage may vary – shoes are a pretty personal fit.

But if the shoe is very wide or narrow (i.e. the Northwaves – which are amazing if they fit you) I think we’ve mentioned it. The others are pretty much on the money.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Barney.

On that i’m trying to decide between the Terraduro, Cliplites and AM9s for general trail riding on XT trail pedals?

Which did you like best for this kind or riding?

Oli

Rik
    Free Member

Even though I’m always a 45 in trainers and shoes, tried on both the Terraduro and Specialized Cliplite shoes and needed a 46 in both. Toes were touching the end of the shoe in 45 in the Terraduros.

Ordered a pair of the new blue Terraduros in 46 if that’s any help to anybody

DanW
    Free Member

Build quality was awful on the two pairs I ordered and I sent them straight back. Shame as the fit was as close to Spec as anything I tried. Back to S Works from there

barney
    Free Member

Oli – The ones I liked best are the ones I picked as the best ones (AM9) 🙂

Rik – goes to show what a difference individual foot shape can make – I’m a 46 in most cycling shoes, but I can squeeze into a 45 in Specialized and one or two others…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DMT E1 shoes – latest STW mag question (mods?)’ is closed to new replies.