Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • DMR V12 Pedals – replace bearing /axle nut won't undo
  • Keva
    Free Member

Bought the bearings, replaced one but can’t get the nut off the end of the other one to take the axle out. I’ve loosened it but it just spins round and round and won’t unthread. Any advice would be much appreciated, I’m stuck ?

Kev

crofts2007
    Free Member

Done the same.
    One is left hand thread and you may have stripped the thread but the nut turns.
    You need to use some leverage to get the nut off, turning in the opposite direction from what you are doing now.
    buy some new nuts as well!

Keva
    Free Member

erm… yeh ok… so what I may have done is actually tightened it so much (believing I was undoing it) and stripped the thread so now it spins and the nut won’t come off ?

…thing is it tightened back up pefectly (which would have really been undoing it) so is that possible ?

Kev

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    FarmersChoice
    Free Member

No, they are both right hand thread. Put the flat section of the pedal spindle which screws into the crank in a vice then try undoing the nut while pulling the pedal body off the spindle at the same time. This might get the thread to pick up.

crofts2007
    Free Member

@ farmers choice.
    info from upgradebikes.co.uk

Nuts: M7x1 11 deep right hand thread (left hand pedal) (to be fitted with a 11mm socket) M7x1 11 deep left hand thread (right hand pedal) (to be fitted with a 11mm socket)

Had to replace the nuts on mine after a service!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘DMR V12 Pedals – replace bearing /axle nut won't undo’ is closed to new replies.