Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • DMR Revolver hubs vs Hope XC hubs?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Thinking of building set of wheels with dmr revolver hubs anyone got them built up what do you think? Are they better than Hope XC hubs? I already have a set of Hope Pro II so these are to be a spare set.

mike_p
    Free Member

I have some Revolvers… don't bother with them, the freehub needs constant attention or it's prone to seizure.

Jerome
    Free Member

I have had an older pair of these running a screw on bmx steel freewheel.
    Very impressed and still running nicely.
    J.

fudge9202
    Free Member

2 different replies umm whats a guy to do?

nbt

the hub takes bearings, the freewheel doesn't and is non-serviceable so when it goes it needs to be replaced. Hope all the way for me (have had both)

ruddy
    Free Member

I have had the planet x older hubs which I understand are revolver "equivalents" and have been faultless for 4 years. Only just changed the rear bearings and freewheel once recently. Used on the main bike.

Well recommended if they are still the same.

Jerome
    Free Member

I was writing from a singlespeed point of view.
    Well it is STW..

eviljoe
    Free Member

I have both, quite happy with both- yeah if push came to shove would go for the Hopes, as the freewheel on the Revolvers is quite costly, and took ages to free up….

ratadog

I have a couple of pairs of the Planet X dog hubs mentioned above and have run themn for a couiple of years with no problems. Now have a Revolver rear and a hope pro2 front on one bike. Decided to save money and avoid the excess niose on the rear. Time will tell whether that was a giood decision but I googled the revolvers when I first looked into it without finding much adverse comment – before this thread obviously!

29erKeith
    Free Member

Revolver freehub isn't great, had problems with one on a set Easton wheels avoid imo
    Hope's are great though

lyons
    Free Member

A friend has just bought a pair of halo spin doctors, which seem to be a good price, and seem to be really good quality… I'd buy a pair…

fudge9202
    Free Member

Hopes it is then guys, you've twisted my arm!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘DMR Revolver hubs vs Hope XC hubs?’ is closed to new replies.