• This topic has 40 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)
  • DIY tyre inflator made out of old Lemonade bottle (for tubeless) – how?!!!!
  • DrP

As a student I once made a high pressure 'air gun' using exactly the same principle!
    Had a 2l lemonade bottle, with some copper pipe (plumbing) in the opening. This was soldered to a T junction, with a car valve coming off the T arm (stepped down with a 15-8mm connector), and a 'water isolation valve' out the straight end. Then after the valve was about 2 foot of more copper pipe as the barrel!

Could pump it up to 120 PSI easily, and what a whoosh and cloud of condensation when it opened!
    I used to fire fishing leads wrapped in tape (to seal them), or teh best thing; golf tees with a nail driven through them, and some fishing wire wrapped around the head of the nail as a tail.

I took the active decision to destroy it soon after as I realised I had made a VERY lethal weapon out of a few simple household items!!!

WIsh I had a picture to show it off now!

However, the principle of the OP is the same! Use a water isolation valve to contain the pressure, then release it promptly!

DrP

Viewing 41 post (of 41 total)

The topic ‘DIY tyre inflator made out of old Lemonade bottle (for tubeless) – how?!!!!’ is closed to new replies.