Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • DIY tricks to stop glasses misting up?
  • Wally

I've tried Bobs motorcycle anti-mist, fairy liquid-dry then buff. Never tried Potato or candle wax. Any suggestions, today I was half blind most of the time.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Breathe through your ears.

Or get contacts.

Either works.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The bob heath visor spray is the best solution I have used – far better than the old potato or candlewick tricks. So if it is not working then you are fubared I guess

headfirst
    Free Member

push them down your nose, so you look over the top of the frame, after a minute they clear up, repeat as required.

gst
    Free Member

I've tried all of them myself found the wax to be the best but none are 100%
    I used to wear spesh chicanes they were a pain. Swapped em for some ruddy projects and these are better. There's more clearance which helps air flow. Might be the glasses adding to the problem?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Contacts all the way. No substitute.

druidh
    Free Member

Fill them to the brim

glenncampbell

Suggest daily contacts – MUCH easier – although I wear normal bike glassess too. Try to keep the glasses about a centimetre away from your face – helps stop condensation forming (due to the difference in temperature between the front surface of the glasses and the inner surface).

Suggsey
    Free Member

I have found the candle wax to have been the best solution to the proiblem so far but also a Halo band to stop the sweat from making things worse.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Try some anti-fog spray from a swim shop.

uplink
    Free Member

I always polish them with neat Fairy liquid – seems to work OK

kevin1911

I started a similar thread a month or so back, and posted up a follow-up which may be of use:
    Click here

woody2000

Don't stop! 🙂

Mark

Dog snot!

The only parts of a rear car windscreen that don't fog up are the places where the captured mutt has rubbed it's snotter against the glass.

DT78
    Free Member

Try cleaning your glasses with toothpaste. Works for my snorkel mask when it starts steaming up!

btw my chicanes are fine….

zaskar
    Free Member

You can buy rain-x products from Halfrods or car diy for motorbike visors but a roadie pal recommended uplink's fairy liquid trick too.

Will try soon!

wors

shaving cream

gray

Salclear. Not DIY, but works pretty well provided it's not raining too hard.

nicko74

'wear contacts' – er… yeah. Generally one wears glasses over the top of them to keep the mud out. Trying to get dirt out of a lens when you're covered from head to toe in mud and rain is no easy task!

mrchrispy

mine only mist up when I stop….guess what the fix for that is?

Northwind

DIY- first go online. Second, buy some Nikwax visorproof. It is pretty much the business. I've used it for years for motorbike use where it's perfect, for pushbike use it's maybe not quite as good but still the best I've seen or used. And also helps water to bead and run off.

Like Nicko says, contacts only help if you don't then wear glasses over them.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

But if you wear contacts you at least have the option to take off your 'over-glasses' if you're slobbing up a big steep hill and getting sweaty.

I used to suffer from this loads (misting up, not getting sweaty going up hill – I still suffer from that!) and it's a real bind if you actually need the glasses to see with (I'm very short sighted).

It was an utter pain back in the day when I went XC racing as I'd have to stop and clean the **** glasses which did nowt for my lap times.

So I went to contacts and over-glasses. I could then just slip off the glasses if they got misted and bob was my uncle.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Try some anti-fog spray from a swim shop.

2nd'ed

Works a treat on my motorcycle helmet and that was apaling fo fogging up.

dans160
    Free Member

Google 'Fogtech'. Buy some. I promise you it works brilliantly. Not cheap but it really does work.

takisawa2

Urine.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘DIY tricks to stop glasses misting up?’ is closed to new replies.