Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • DIY Groan thread.
  • Kryton57

Seems theres lots of Job’s I should have done over the summer, such as cleaning up the wooden soffits(?) on the Garage & mancave, repointing the man cave breeze block construction, sealing the manacle breeze block construction… and no I have 2 Rads with broken TRV’s to do.

On top of that next year our bedroom needs decorating, new carpet all through upstairs, I’m dreading it.

Sigh, i anyone here a N London handy man thats wants a few jobs? I’ll supply decent coffee…

Edit: Can’t even get the forum right.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not the DIY groan I was expecting you to be talking about.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Boom tish

Bregante

We plan to build above our garage next year, however I think this may involve us having to knock down and rebuild our (very full) garage first as I dont think the footings are a sufficient depth.

I’m dreading that so much that I’d actually consider moving rather than put up with the mither..

Kryton57

I’m dreading that so much that I’d actually consider moving rather than put up with the mither..

I actually mentioned that, and if looks from Mrs K would kill…

Bloody houses and their need for maintenance…

Saccades
    Free Member

Shame your not in altrincham area – know an awesome handyman (will even feed the cats/dogs for you).

Bregante

I’m only down the road though Saccades!your/his details may be of use to me (not for the building work I described above)

stumpy01

I wrote a to-do list of stuff around the house a couple of weeks ago..
    A mixture of small and big jobs around the house, garden and garage…

It was almost 2 sides of A4…. 😐

bearnecessities

Do you polish your work shoes on a Sunday and find them with a thin layer of dust by Monday morning?

No? Stop whining then!

Saccades
    Free Member

Bregante – On facebook as “this and that” (although search for justabitofthisandthat).

Have mailed you too.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Do you polish your work shoes on a Sunday and find them with a thin layer of dust by Monday morning?

No? Stop whining then!

Made me smile. We’ve been through two house “do-ups” over the last 12 years and spent something like £60k on them. We’re near the end, just a patio and driveway to do next summer. Anything else will now just be getting the man that can in. I hope…

nixie

I’ve a big list if things to do to the house. Never actually get to it though as there is always something urgent that comes up. Like leaking toilet yesterday that meant taking half the floor up, or finding that the worktop behind the sinks is rotting!

toby1

My list has a year on, I just cross out the year and update it each year. It’s been running 3 years now.

rickmeister

Thats the problem right there.

Its DYI (Do Yourself In), not DIY

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘DIY Groan thread.’ is closed to new replies.