Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • DIY 69er info please
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

Heres my 26″ wheeled 26″ hardtail with a 29er fork. nice length of fork with only 120mm of travel compared to the 140mm they came built up with. feels great. I can climb better on it that a few bikes ive had in the past that were “normal”

Still havent put a bolt thru 29er wheel in it though.

http://photos-by-martin.digimig.co.uk/c1914401.html

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Tried my Inbred with 26″ 440mm forks and a borrowed 29″ front wheel, fitted fine, still about 25mm clearance above it

Definately better at rolling over and into / out of things

But found it a bit waggley up hill and light at the front. Like my Inbred is with 130mm of travel up front when I tried that. Decided I didn’t like it and gone back to rigid with 26″ 2.4 up front for now.

Pogo
    Free Member

I’ve got my 20″ Inbred set up with 26″ rear, Salsa CroMoto 29er forks A-C 468mm and a 29″ front wheel and it handles fine for me. But I’m defo gonna go full on 29er as soon as I can.

swallow
    Free Member

just been reading this thread but as an aside, looking at that pic of the child carrier on page one, IS THAT SAFE????? Certainly doesn’t look it!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

i put a 29er wheel in the front of my rigid inbred –

Me too:

Just makes it a little less twitchy.

avdave2

This has got me wondering if I could run a 29 with my Pace forks but they are only 420mm ac. A quick measure suggests it’ll work and I’ve 40mm of spacers under the stem so I can keep the bars at the same height.
    Of to look for a cheap 29″ wheel.

Tasso
    Free Member

Using an on one carbon 440ac fork with 29er wheel on a Mather SS frame. This has steeper than Inbred geometry and that works really well. Slightly less twitchy/fast handling than with 100mm sus forks and a 26″ wheel I’ve been using for several years.

Still gives good clearance with a bonty Mud X or 2.1 Schwalbe Albert and it’s a mudfest round here a lot of teh time.

The 100-130mm geometry Inbred probably not best suited to the conversion so look for an 80mm corrected frame I’d suggest, or buy forks for the Singular hummingbird if you can.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘DIY 69er info please’ is closed to new replies.