Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Divorce – how much maintenance is a former spouse entitled to?
  • tjagain

End of discussion. .

You just want to score debating points not come to an understanding.

she has been waiting 40 years then and really that is a fairly unpleasant thing to put.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

maybe.

Do you live in each flat or in one and rent the other out?

If the latter there will be a capital gains issue in there as well.

jambalaya
    Free Member

TJ well I certainly hope you made a better choice than did I, sounds like it. Your partner’s and your financial status is hugely different than most though.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Your partner’s and your financial status is hugely different than most though.

yes, it sounds like a ‘2nd time around’ arrangement from people already burnt from an earlier marriage.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard – I refer you to the above. I know I don’t understand how some of you think – understand you don’t know how I think

I understand you want to lecture those who have been through it on what happens by simply telling us hypothetically what you think would happen with you

This is an idiotic approach to debate
    its like you telling the cyclists disabled in an accident how you would feel and therefore they are wrong when they describe how they felt when it actually happened.

I agree there is no need to be personal here but , and i know this might surprise you, but your non marriage [ no offence meant ] may not be all that typical.

Again we all once thought like you did
    It does not mean it will happen as EXPERIENCE has shown me/us.

I am not that interested in hearing about “understanding difference” i am simply telling you what actually happened.

Pretty low way to debate turner guy pretty low

tjagain

JUnkyard – I know my situation is not typical. I also am confident in my assessment of mine and Julies characters – and know from experience what will happen if we do split and I know our financial affairs could be untangled easily.

No intent to lecture others about what they have done or should do – apart from I am aghast about the attitudes some on here display and find them incomprehensible

Junkyard
    Free Member

As am I but that does not mean what happens is not unfair* nor does it mean no one will ever act unreasonably even though , before hand, no one thought it would come to this.

* not all of it is to be very clear.

RichPenny
    Free Member

You are going to get a self selecting group of people on this thread, a lot of whom have strong opinions because they’ve been through the mill. I’m still not sure which side I’ll be on. No problems (and no solicitors!) so far though. I want to believe TJ is right 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Divorce – how much maintenance is a former spouse entitled to?’ is closed to new replies.