Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Disrupted shoulder, anyone here done it too???
  • mattymer
    Free Member

last weekend I managed to go over the bars of my DH bike, landed heavily on my shoulder which resulted in a trip A&E. So it turns out i've disrupted my shoulder which basically means that the shoulder end of my collar bone has come away from the joint. fortunately its only a level one injury so healing time is approx 3wks with the use of a sling. Movement is coming back but its still uncomfortable at times. Hoping to be fit for Bristol Bikefest at the beginning of June, but not too hopeful realistically. But also supposed to be riding with sierra nevada at the beginning of july which is maybe more realistic.

so have any of the STW massive had this injury before and what was your recovery like??? do you now have full movement and strength in your shoulder???

Ta.

Coyote
    Free Member

Dislocated mine in a very similar accident to yours. About 3-4 weeks till full movement and it's not been "right" since. Still clicks occasionally and can get a real good "crack" if I roll over in a certain way.

hora
    Free Member

+1 with the clicks. Its also now my weakest arm. Chiropractor thought I was right handed 🙁

simon1975

I did the same thing just over 3 years ago. I was back on the bike after 4 or 5 weeks, but not back to full strength until nearly a year. And I damaged it again last summer… It's a mightily impressive lump on my shoulder though!

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

did it just over a month ago at Muc off 8 (practice day)

Can just about lie on that side now, though it's got good and bad days. to be fair, it didn't stop me riding, though it was uncomfortable, and I had to be careful.

If it's not too serious you'll be back on your bike in time for BF, the danger is that if you land on it again before it's mended, it's going to REALLY hurt (I speak from experience).

I still have a lumpy shoulder (though it is rather upstaged by the mega scar on the other side from multiple collar bone ops), and apparently it's going to stay like that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Disrupted shoulder, anyone here done it too???’ is closed to new replies.