Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Disk brake on drop bars – how?
  • Garry_Lager

Looking to fit a front disk to my tricross – is there such a thing as a dual disk / gear unit that can just go straight on there? Or do you need to fit a separate shifter and brake lever?.

Anyone running a disk with drop bars? I’m trying to see how much hassle this will be – I’ve got the CTW scheme starting up and am pondering just changing bikes to a bad boy with flat bars.

brant
    Free Member

shimano and avid do a road pull cable disc.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Avid BB-7 Road callipers. The will work just fine with your STi style drop bar shifters.

sharki
    Free Member

yeah, cable discs

mattsccm
    Free Member

Bearing in mind the probable lack of need for them, I am convinced that hydraulic brakes could be done if there was no need for integrated shifters. Use either the levers from the Magura set up that had rim brakes or bend normal mtb levers. don’t see a huge point though

CountZero

Mechanical discs are no problem at all, I had Shimano 105 flippy levers on the drop bars on my Kona Sutra, and there are a number of cross/touring bikes with discs. My Sutra now has cowhorn aero bars with
    TT200 bar-end levers and Cross-top levers, and it’s now a SS. There is someone in Switzerland who used to modify Hope levers, attaching the cylinders to a headset spacer with a cable actuator running from your road levers.

Garry_Lager

Thanks all – sounds v straightforward.

cynic-al
    Free Member

ROFLCOPTER at sharki’s new bike 😛

I am convinced that hydraulic brakes could be done…bend normal mtb levers

LMAO

druidh
    Free Member

Another happy BB7 owner here – they work great with Shimano 105 STI

Spongebob
    Free Member

Shimano are a bit slow bringing STI shifter/hydraulic brakes to the road biking fraternity. I have been looking out for such a product for a couple of years now.

druidh
    Free Member

Spongebob – Member

Shimano are a bit slow bringing STI shifter/hydraulic brakes to the road biking fraternity. I have been looking out for such a product for a couple of years now.

Lack of demand / need?

mk1fan
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Disk brake on drop bars – how?’ is closed to new replies.