Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dishwashers, intergrated, What to get?
  • cove123

Smeg dish washer not working, already spent £250 (call out and parts) still not working looks like the circuit board has gone, they want £250 for that!!!!

So what to get, full size, A rated, quiet, half load option, price under £400… etc what brand to look at and who to fit it?

cheers in advance

Cove123

AdeC
    Free Member

Hi Cove123, blimey thats a coincidence. I have a Smeg dishwasher that has failed with the same fault. Main circuit board fried itself. Repair man said that Smeg DWs are a steaming pile of Tioga (well he didnt use those exact words).

We were quoted £300 for a new board and fitting. A brand new dishwasher is about £250.

DW Repair man reckon Baumatic are fairly reliable brand. I cant wait to drop that kind of cash on an f'n dishwasher.

PiknMix
    Free Member

my smeg died of the same thing about a year ago, I replaced it with a hotpoint and have had no problems from it whatsoever.

MrNutt
    Free Member

don't what ever you do buy beaumatic!! (my smeg seem to work but I'd go for one of those fancy drawer types)

cynic-al
    Free Member

£250 for not fixing it?

I got a Whirlpool, reaonable reviews in Which, the best rated ones were 2 x the price.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

My Bosch went recently, and Ive just replaced it with a Beko (mainly because, much like Smeg, the repair prices for Bosch are ridiculous). I managed to fit it myself (simple really, especially if I can manage it). Got it from Next (yes, the clothing place), online, have a look, all their domestic appliances seem much cheaper than other places I've tried.

cove123

cheers gents, dropped in to John Lewis today, they are plugging own brand, Nuff and Rangemaster?

C-Al think he fixed one of the probs, filter/sump thing, i always thought it was more the electrics…..but thats why pay for a Pro to come and fix things!!!! it was in the house when we brought it so its done at least 5-7yrs service, poss not helped living in a hard water area!

Cove123

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dishwashers, intergrated, What to get?’ is closed to new replies.