Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dishwasher-track-world – Help needed
  • dawson

Any dishwasher experts in?

Indesit dishwasher (DIF04) – Turns on, lights show it has power, press ‘P’ to select a program, close door, machine makes long beep, does a pump noise (normal) then just sits there.

Normally after a short period it would then start the program.

Now, it does nothing and then after a short period just does repeated ‘beeps’ until you open it and turn it off.

I have checked the water feed which is fine, filters are clean.

All the error codes I have found refer to the 4 lights being on or off in a particular sequence to indicate a certain fault code, but the program light is staying on whichever I select.

I have taken the front off and wiggled the wiring loom, but no change.

Its around 2 years old – worth spending much time on it or just scrap it?

andyl
    Free Member

have you checked the little one way valve flap at the bottom trap? Might have to remove a screw or two to get at it over just cleaning out the basket filter which normally just twists out.

dawson

Have had a fish about in the bottom but can’t feel anything

leffeboy

Do you possibly have water in the plastic casing underneath the machine? In ours there was a small leak so when the pump started it would leak a bit, trip a small float switch and that would stop it. Fiddling and tightening stuff fixed that

andyl
    Free Member

Yup, water in the bottom is another thing to check for (had that one too).

I would expect more water down there if it was having backflow problems, but still might be worth taking the plastic off (undo those screws I guess) and taking a look. Could also be something stuck in the pump impeller.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dishwasher-track-world – Help needed’ is closed to new replies.